Hotel De Anza
$264
$235
  • Pool
$225
The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$399
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$169
La Quinta
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$200
Priceline
$335
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshedley clubla pastaiamidnight snackart deco hoteljazz clubsharks gamecookiesshark tanksan pedro squarewithin walking distanceboutique hotelvalet parkingcorner roomhockey gamevalet servicerestaurants and barsstreet noise
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2005

My husband and I live in south San Jose and a couple times a year we escape the pressures of life and spend a night at The De Anza Hotel. It is a charming hotel with wonderful service and a great location. Excellent restaurants are within walking distance and the rooms are beautiful! Even though it is a hotel, it feels like a romantic bed breakfast. We love it, and plan to stay again when we need time to reconnect!

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Anaheim Hills CA
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Positives: price; near downtown; near airport (3 mi.); friendly staff; close to restaurants; reservations (including late arrival)

Negatives: NOISE (traffic, airplanes, street yelling, doors slamming); view (of expressway and parking garage); window treatments (venetian blinds with sheer curtains, thin glass); stiff small pillows; bathroom TV not working; bleach stain on carpet; room smelled of cleaning agents;

Just OK: Sunday buffet; furnishings; lobby

Suggested improvements: Block out NOISE by installing double glass windows and heavier window treatments or by providing white noise (fan or vent). At least supply earplugs! Add stripping to room doors so that they don't slam so loudly.

Also, valet parking DOES require 30 mins. advance notice. The parking lot is in some remote, off-site location. I called 15-20 mins. in advance, and it was not enough. It wasn't even busy. Just remote.

• Stayed: October 2005
Reviewed October 1, 2005

I have such mixed reactions to my recent stay at the De Anza. The room was large, clean, with nice deco furniture. But...the air conditioning made horrible noises which I think can be fixed, and the bathroom ceiling vent creaked so badly that it prevented sleep. At least we could close the bathroom door. My goal in writing this review is my hope that the hotel managment will read these reviews and make some repairs. But then, except for the manager and assistant manager, the desk staff was not knowledgeable or efficient. But the price was right and I'll probably stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank humanone
Reviewed July 29, 2005

Nice, charming historic building, but not without the problems of an old structure: flickering lights, unreliable plumbing/ water pressure, etc.... sometimes when I was in the shower, the water would just stop for several seconds at a time!
The fitness fitness center and its facilities are poor, at best.
As for the service, they try- but they seem to have their share of problems. If you use the valet parking, be sure to call for your car at least 1/2 hour ahead (even though they claim it will only take 10 minutes).
All in all, a nice hotel if you're just spending a night or two for leisure travel... definitely would not recommend it for the business traveller.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank Rover3001
Reviewed June 13, 2005

I stayed at this hotel after college club reunion down the street at the Tied house. This hotel is wonderful! I'm glad I didn't read all the negative reviews on this site before I booked my room because I would have missed out on a very pleasant stay. My room looked just like the room on their website and it was very clean. There was a large closet with a ironing board and iron and two bathrobes. The bathroom was a good size with Aveda toiletries! The bed was comfortable.

The lobby is beautiful and I didn't have a chance to check out the restaurant or the really nice bar area. I did raid the pantry at 1:30 am and was able to make a salami sandwich with cheese on bakery type bread. It didn't look picked over to me but maybe I was there on a less busy Saturday night.

Overall I would stay here again. The front desk was helpful and my visit was very comfortable. All the employees were nice and greeted me in passing.

• Stayed: June 2005