“Great Location”

Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Culver City, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Located in the center of downtown San Jose Business District, Very freindly hotel check in, and valet parking a breeze, Hotel was quiet and clean and had nice bathroom, even had small tv in bathroom, price was fair for area. The Italian restuarant downstairs smelled heavenly, though we did not eat there, and there is a jazz club also located there. I forgot my computer there and did not realize to 2 days later and called and they got back to me that they did have it and fed ex'd it to me, which was very nice, honest staff..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked my stay at Hotel De Anza for business and was very pleased with this hotel. It's not fancy like the Fairmont, but it was very cute and cozy. The room was very comfortable and updated. The location is perfect for walking around downtown San Jose. Valet parking is also easily accessible. Love how they leave you treats upon arrival!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
West Kelowna
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Lovely Art Deco Hotel. We were meeting a group so booked for the night. Friendly reception and nice rooms. Located very close to the Cal Train station and walking distance to the downtown area. Breakfast was fine although the only choice was the buffet. My only complaint was the lack of Wi-fi. It was not working which I find slightly ironic being in the heart of Silicon valley. The wifi issue followed us on our travels through
Central California.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently attended a show at the HP and stayed at Hotel De Anza. I opted for the king suite which was on a corner but not facing the main street. The hotel is a remarkable restored property in the art deco mode. I loved having a coffee grinder and fresh beans in my room. They also have pure water and ice dispenses to take in glass pitchers to your room. The restaurant La Pastaio is a lovely Italian restaurant and also serves breakfast in the mornings. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. It's also just a couple of blocks from CalTrain if you're coming down from the city so no car needed.

Room Tip: Corner suites offer more quiet plus more spacious. I stayed on floor 8 on the east rear side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had three rooms for four nights for business and needed to cancel one room after two nights. Even though they admitted they were completely booked (and thus could easily rent the room) they insisted on charging us for room. I was somewhat offended by the snooty tone of the lady at the front desk who basically told me that's our policy, take it or leave it. /Well, from now on we will leave it. We are in San Jose for business a lot but I will take our business elsewhere. There are many good options in downtown San Jose.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rebecca f
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We weren't expecting much but were really wowed by gracious reception and very pleasant rooms. We arrived late and were directed to the bar for a quick dinner. Wow - what an amazing room. Beautifully decorated, relaxing seating, terrific food and a four piece band. It was the best squash pasta I have ever had. If your travels take you to San Jose, this hotel is a great option.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed September 21, 2012

but they say its being fixed. Great Staff no real close off site parking. Liked the raid our pantry program nice to be able to get a little something with out a lotbof fuss. The HVAC in the room was questionable and OLD but the windows opened which was really nice.

What I apriciated most about the staff is when they were having the WiFi issue they moved me to a room right over the lobby in which it worked great.

Room Tip: Check the WiFi
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business