“close to airport, attentive staff!”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed September 10, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for one night while dropping our daughter off at college. The hotel is ideally located next to the San Jose airport. The front desk was extremely helpful. The room was clean, a little smaller than other Courtyards we've stayed.
We were able to secure a rate of $94, which is reasonable for the area. The only problem we found that it was difficult finding a decent restaurant without driving a couple of miles. However, there is a large chicken rotisserie going in across the street. The complimentary shuttle service was appreciated and they were there within minutes after our arrival. Over all, it's an enjoyable place, as are most Courtyards. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2007
There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Jose Airport

Reviewed September 9, 2007

I stayed for 3 nights in September with my 9 year old daughter. Check in went quickly and the staff was very friendly. We stayed in a queen/queen suite which was very large and clean with everything in good working order. There was no hair dryer which was rather odd. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that did not have hairdryers. Perhaps the one had been removed from our room for some reason. Not really a problem since it wasn't a necessity. The room did have a coffee maker and refrigerator. The air conditioners were not overly noisy. People talking loudly in the courtyard can be easily heard. I heard no airplane noice from the airport.

Maid service was excellent, doing a very thorough job. We did not use the pool but it was very nice and clean. Breakfast was expensive, in my opinion, so we went elsewhere. Considering the price of the room ($150-$270/night), breakfast should be free. High speed internet is in every room (along with an ethernet cable hanging in the closet - a nice addition).

We returned our rental car the night before and the shuttle picked us up at the airport very promptly for a return ride back to the hotel. The shuttle also worked fine the next morning leaving on time at 5:30.

I would definitely recommend this Courtyard and stay here again in the future. We had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Redsprite
Reviewed July 15, 2007

My business trip was cancelled at the last minute, so I did not actually end up staying at the Courtyard. However, I feel compelled to write a brief review to share my very positive experience. There was a glitch in making my reservation due to an oversight that had nothing to do with this hotel.

The helpful, sensitive service I received to accommodate me was very impressive. Based on my experience with hotels with such a high level of customer service, I expect this would be a great hotel to stay in.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Travel_LadyNYC
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed at the Courtyard on July 3d. We were welcomed by a friendly staff and on their advice we dropped our rental car at the airport that evening since our flight was at 6:20 am. The staff told that the Courtyard shuttle would pick us up at the terminal with a quick phone call. Unfortunately that was not the case. In the course of 30 minutes we made 3 calls to the hotel with a variety of excuses, but each with a promise that the shuttle would be on its way momentarily. The shuttle never arrive and after 30 minutes we took a taxi. The driver was less that pleased to take us a short distance to the hotel. On arrival at the hotel we found, that infact, there was no driver for the shuttle and it had never left the hotel. The clerk was not at all helpful and offered us only a $5 reduction in our rate. When the bill was delivered there was a 50% rate reduction which still was not adequate after the lack of service.
I contacted the manager on my return home who was very attentive and credited my stay and offered me additional reward points. In it should be noted that the air conditioning units are very noisy althought the manager states they are being replaced in the near future. The room was otherwise fine and they quickly brought a refrigerator on my request. The shuttle in the morning worked fine.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank wks
Reviewed January 7, 2007

We stayed two nights at the Courtyard San Jose while flying from Seattle, and driving to Paso Robles. We arrived very late on Friday night after a beautiful flight in which my wife took 3 too many Xanax. As we arrived in San Jose, I propped her up against the terminal wall, and grabbed our bags. After pouring my wife into the rental car (in her drug induced stupor, she actually thought it was a sled) and headed for the Courtyard. I found the hotel very easily, and was happilly greeted by the night person. She was so nice, and when I forgot my ID (was in "Zonerrallas" purse, she was understanding and patient while I wrestled my stuff from my sleepy wife. The Lobby is maticulously clean, and again, the staff amazing. I opened the door to our room which was close to the lobby, and even my overdosed wife peeped through her one good eye long enough to comment on how nice the room was. It was very clean, very business like, but homey.
I poured sleeperella into the extrordinarily comfortable bed, and she Cheshire Smiled herself to sleepy land. I joined, and found the bed, and bedding to be top quality. A note in the room, along with a welcome candy bar made me feel welcomed.
Next morning, a jacuzzi, workout, and breakfast were all good. The facilities here are very well kept. And Clean! Breakfast was good, but never quite worth the 13 bucks or so. Its alright, I am used to free breakfast.
We stayed another night at the end of our trip and found everything just as the first night! Comfortable, Kind Staff, and above all, so very close to the airport. Overall, great price (99.00) for a great hotel stay. Good Job Courtyard! Nice job Marriott......we`ll see you again!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank DaveFrancis
Reviewed November 30, 2006

It's close enough to the airport for a quick drive over, and far enough away that you can't really hear the jet engines. The bed was very comfy, and nice bedding to boot. The room itself was average, with a few things that could use some repair. Nothing so bothersome that it ruined the stay. Breakfast isn't free, and they have pretty hefty prices for eggs and waffles. So I skipped it an went right down the street for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Ms. Christina
Reviewed April 20, 2006

My family stayed here on a lay over to Seattle. We called the airport shuttle and it was quick (2-3 minutes away) and prompt. The shuttle normally runs every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day, but you can call for pickup from the airport if between times. The van driver doubled as front desk clerk and we were impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the mostly young, college age, staff. The rooms were very quiet with occasional airplane noise (it is an airport hotel), clean bathrooms with lots of towels and all the amenities, including four pillows on each comfy bed. Rollout work table for the business man, including internet connection, lots of good work lights. The a/c / heating system is rather noisy, but fortunately, we did not have to use it much. Nice pool, workout area and interior courtyard. All the usual Marriott amenities, including a nice dining room in the hotel and a snack/sundries area near the front desk.
Would definitely recommend for further stays.

• Stayed: April 2006