“Airport shuttle problems, but attentive manager”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed at the Courtyard on July 3d. We were welcomed by a friendly staff and on their advice we dropped our rental car at the airport that evening since our flight was at 6:20 am. The staff told that the Courtyard shuttle would pick us up at the terminal with a quick phone call. Unfortunately that was not the case. In the course of 30 minutes we made 3 calls to the hotel with a variety of excuses, but each with a promise that the shuttle would be on its way momentarily. The shuttle never arrive and after 30 minutes we took a taxi. The driver was less that pleased to take us a short distance to the hotel. On arrival at the hotel we found, that infact, there was no driver for the shuttle and it had never left the hotel. The clerk was not at all helpful and offered us only a $5 reduction in our rate. When the bill was delivered there was a 50% rate reduction which still was not adequate after the lack of service.
I contacted the manager on my return home who was very attentive and credited my stay and offered me additional reward points. In it should be noted that the air conditioning units are very noisy althought the manager states they are being replaced in the near future. The room was otherwise fine and they quickly brought a refrigerator on my request. The shuttle in the morning worked fine.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank wks

Reviewed January 7, 2007

We stayed two nights at the Courtyard San Jose while flying from Seattle, and driving to Paso Robles. We arrived very late on Friday night after a beautiful flight in which my wife took 3 too many Xanax. As we arrived in San Jose, I propped her up against the terminal wall, and grabbed our bags. After pouring my wife into the rental car (in her drug induced stupor, she actually thought it was a sled) and headed for the Courtyard. I found the hotel very easily, and was happilly greeted by the night person. She was so nice, and when I forgot my ID (was in "Zonerrallas" purse, she was understanding and patient while I wrestled my stuff from my sleepy wife. The Lobby is maticulously clean, and again, the staff amazing. I opened the door to our room which was close to the lobby, and even my overdosed wife peeped through her one good eye long enough to comment on how nice the room was. It was very clean, very business like, but homey.
I poured sleeperella into the extrordinarily comfortable bed, and she Cheshire Smiled herself to sleepy land. I joined, and found the bed, and bedding to be top quality. A note in the room, along with a welcome candy bar made me feel welcomed.
Next morning, a jacuzzi, workout, and breakfast were all good. The facilities here are very well kept. And Clean! Breakfast was good, but never quite worth the 13 bucks or so. Its alright, I am used to free breakfast.
We stayed another night at the end of our trip and found everything just as the first night! Comfortable, Kind Staff, and above all, so very close to the airport. Overall, great price (99.00) for a great hotel stay. Good Job Courtyard! Nice job Marriott......we`ll see you again!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank DaveFrancis
Reviewed November 30, 2006

It's close enough to the airport for a quick drive over, and far enough away that you can't really hear the jet engines. The bed was very comfy, and nice bedding to boot. The room itself was average, with a few things that could use some repair. Nothing so bothersome that it ruined the stay. Breakfast isn't free, and they have pretty hefty prices for eggs and waffles. So I skipped it an went right down the street for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Ms. Christina
Reviewed April 20, 2006

My family stayed here on a lay over to Seattle. We called the airport shuttle and it was quick (2-3 minutes away) and prompt. The shuttle normally runs every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day, but you can call for pickup from the airport if between times. The van driver doubled as front desk clerk and we were impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the mostly young, college age, staff. The rooms were very quiet with occasional airplane noise (it is an airport hotel), clean bathrooms with lots of towels and all the amenities, including four pillows on each comfy bed. Rollout work table for the business man, including internet connection, lots of good work lights. The a/c / heating system is rather noisy, but fortunately, we did not have to use it much. Nice pool, workout area and interior courtyard. All the usual Marriott amenities, including a nice dining room in the hotel and a snack/sundries area near the front desk.
Would definitely recommend for further stays.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Nakoa76
Reviewed October 1, 2005

afther arriving from a 5 hour flight from Honolulu we decided to overnight at the this courtyard at san jose airport. afther we rented our car it was only a 5 minute drive from the san jose airport. Parking is free of charge. when we arrived we were checked inn within seconds. afther staying at many courtyard before I can say that this hotel looks very nice and clean. Rooms were very clean and typical courtyard with free high speed internet access. our rate included breakfast which was served at the Lobby. i was a little dissapointed with the breakfast selection, also you were not able to get water, juice etc yourself, we had to wait for the waitress which was way too slow. again the hotel was nice, the only point they can improve is the breakfast selection and service which is definetly below courtyard standards.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank goodservice
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We stayed here as leisure travelers over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel was quiet, the pool was deserted, but we felt very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent (we chose the breakfast-included option), and we found out that the hotel is less than a ten-minute comfortable walk from the San Jose LRT. Accordingly, we traveled by rail to a variety of sights and didn't bother renting a car.

We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and the shuttle service to and from the airport was fine. We would readily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank No_Fixed_Address
Reviewed May 31, 2005

We stayed one night in May and found the Courtyard to be satisfactory for an airport hotel in an office park. The shuttle service runs 24 hours and was very convenient for an early morning flight.

The room was clean and typical for a Courtyard Marriott.

I would stay here again if I was passing through the airport, but would not recommend this for an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2005