“Convenient location, friendly staff, business style hotel”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Aberdeen, UK
“Convenient location, friendly staff, business style hotel”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very convenient for airport (5 mins away) and half hourly free shuttles. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Quite a business style hotel. Nice clean rooms and comfy beds. Free laundry handy. Small outdoor swimming pool and seating area OK but nothing special. Nice restaurant downstairs, ate here once - was OK but simple food for the price. Didnt have breakfast included, 1st time we stayed reception told me to help myself to coffee while waiting for the shuttle, so 2nd stay I went and helped myself and then they wanted to charge me for breakfast (but didnt when I explained) so check before taking! There is a wallmart next door for snacks and drinks, and a mexican, a hooters and a coffee shop across the road, but not much else nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo_Aberdeen_UK
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your coments and taking the time to write a review. I believe that this might be for a differnt hotel due to us not having a walmart next store to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is close to the airport and they provide shuttle for transportation. The room is spacious and very clean. There is a really comfortable desk and sofa! The free wifi is very quick. The front desk is friendly and professional!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent comments about our hotel and that your were happy with our desk and sofa's. It is always nice to hear that wifi is working well as we know how important it is that it is efficient as well.
Walnut, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We didn't even travel by plane, but we found this hotel very convenient, plus it was so clean, staff were friendly and efficient plus -- most important -- the wifi had a strong signal. Never faltered once. Will surely go back.

Room Tip: The rooms we got were right by the freeway, but it didn't seem to matter. No problem sleeping.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It great to hear that you had no problems with our wifi. I'm glad that the room was comfortable and that your experience was enjoyable with your visit.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Courtyard Marriott - Airport - San Jose

This hotel is about as convenient to the airport as a hotel can be. We stayed here twice within 10 days - flying in and flying out of San Jose. It was particularly practical because members of our party were flying in at different times. We found it easily after renting a car at the airport, and the shuttle service was very accommodating, picking up one of our party quickly from the airport. Leaving for the airport was a little more problematic - the shuttle leaves every half hour beginning at 4 AM, but is on a first-come first-serve basis. In our case, there were too many passengers for the 8 AM shuttle, but we got on. In fairness, the driver said she would make a second trip to be sure those left behind got there, but the front desk told me the night before that if you miss the shuttle you can take a cab to the airport. This was not the service I expected from a hotel that probably doubt relies primarily on airport business. We got downstairs early to be sure to get on the shuttle.

Interactions with the front desk might have been better. On first encounter, after spelling my name several times for the desk clerk (perhaps she could have looked at an ID?), I mentioned that we had prepaid for the hotel's "Stay for Breakfast" weekend promotion. I was informed that this did not appear on her computer and must be an Orbitz promotion since I had booked the room through Orbitz. Returning from the car, where I had gone to retrieve my printed reservation confirmation, I met the clerk in the doorway. She apologized, saying she did not recognize the abbreviation "SFB" on their computer. Later that evening, I called the front desk with my Marriott Rewards number, to get credit for our stay, but was informed that this stay would not count toward reward points because it was booked on the Orbitz site rather than their site - even though the price of the room (with breakfast) was the same on the Marriott site. I was surprised, but another clerk confirmed this the next morning. So I went online to cancel our return reservation on Orbitz and rebook it on the Marriott site - an unnecessary and aggravating exercise.

That said, the room was nice - quiet, clean, well-appointed. We had a room with two queen beds for the three of us. The bathroom was divided into one area with toilet and shower and another area with sink and refrigerator, which worked pretty well for our group. The door between areas opens on to the person standing at the sink, so that creates a little space problem. The lack of a microwave was a little inconvenience.

The staff in the breakfast area was particularly pleasant and accommodating - they knew about the "SFB" and said they were expecting us, after looking us up by room number on the computer. The breakfast was good and filling, with hot cooked or cold choices and “healthy” alternatives like egg whites and turkey sausage and skim milk.

Overall, I would choose this hotel again if flying in and out of the San Jose airport. Easy airport access, a quiet and comfortable room, and a good breakfast are the determining factors. And the price is right.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding the confussion the your rate, and I do appologies for the associate not knowing the rate program for the breakfast rate. As the associate shared with you, it is always better to check marriott.com before any online sites. The rate will always be the same. Once again, thank you for your comments and taking the time to write the review
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I haven't stayed anywhere else at the San Jose airport, so I don't have any standard of comparison - but why stay anywhere else?? There's a free shuttle to and from the airport, a small bistro restaurant & 24-hour snacks, and a very comfortable room with nice amenities. At the bistro, I got a fresh kale salad for dinner - just the thing this tired vegetarian traveler wanted. In the morning, I got a Starbucks latte. But best of all, EVERYONE on staff is incrediby friendly and helpful. Everyone - from the shuttle drivers to the bistro baristas to the front desk folks - was just delightfully warm and welcoming. I highly recommend it, even for a quick overnight stay like mine.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor (4th is highest), and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments and positive comments about the staff and the service. It's always nice to hear that we are doing what we need to to take care of our guests. Hope to see you here again soon.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family and I had an overnight stay at the hotel early December. We booked two rooms and were entirely satisfied with the service during check-in, check-out and during our short stay. We had clean, and tastefully decorated rooms, the beds were comfortable, the shower was warm and had a good water flow, and there is even an ice machine on each floor. After a long day travelling, it really gave us the much needed rest. The hotel lobby has a warm and cosy ambience, and snacks are conveniently available (to buy) at the lobby (the kids love this!). Everybody, including the guys attending the restaurant counter were friendly and cheery and made us feel welcome and at ease. I definitely recommend this place for the passing travellers or if you have business in the Silicon Valley.

1 Thank Khairi W
Thank you for your positve review and glad that we had what you need for you and your family. Look forward to seeing you again.
Central Valley, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here earlier this month the night before our flight to Hawaii. The online rate for 2 queens was listed $100 less than to book 1 king bed (weird) so even though there were only two of us, we booked two queens & at check in, they allowed us to have the king room (accessible) for same price since there were rooms available. Room was clean, modern with flat screen TV and a spotlessly clean bathroom. The bed was very soft (too soft for me) & ceiling in bathroom was shockingly low. My husband who stands 6'8" could touch the ceiling with his head simply by raising up on his toes slightly. Kind of weird that it was lower than the rest of the room but it didn't affect him negatively.

It was a bit noisy overnight but what did we expect as the airport is so close by & people were coming & going at midnight so we heard doors slamming. The area seemed safe enough & we walked to Sonoma Chicken Coop for dinner right across the street & we were able to park our car near the front of the hotel during our time in Hawaii. Shuttle service served our needs perfectly & we didn't have to wait for more than 10-15 minutes to be picked up at the airport upon our return.

We would consider this hotel again at the price we paid ($139 b/f taxes) for park and fly in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you forn taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your comments and hope you will choose our hotel for your future stays.