“Convienence it the theme of this property”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is so close to the airport you could almost walk there!! They provided fine beds, standard room size, and a new twist on the included breakfast - a limited menu you could order from. My only complaint is the lack of clarity/consistency on the hours of the restaurant/snack bar - it was closed for lunch on a Friday, and we had returned to eat there specifically. Other than that, and excellent Marriott experience. We heard no airport noise on the first floor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. Our hotel is conveniently located near the airport and we have the addition of the Bistro. Thank you for letting us know that we did not communicate clearly about the hours. We are opened for breakfast and dinner. We have a market that is available 24 hours a day that have fresh sandwiches and salad. I will bring your comment up to our front desk staff so that we can better explain to our guests at check in the hours of operation of our bistro. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Late flight caused me to check in around 1 am - with an 8 am interview the next morning. Front desk person named Naomi greeted me by name when I walked in, offered to book me a cab so I wouldn't be late for my interview and then wished me luck when she did my wake up call. That attention to detail I expect at a ritz or a four seasons. Will strongly recommend this property to friends and work aquaintences solely because of her professionalism.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. We appreciate your kind words regarding Naomi. She has been a wonderful addition to our team. We have shared your comments with Naomi and have recognized Naomi during our staff meeting. We hope that your interview went and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I made a mistake by reserving a room at this establishment. I made my reservations 3 weeks in advance. When my husband and I got there we were treated like dirt. As if we were not good enough to stay there. The clerk wanted to charge us an extra $200.00 for our stay. The room had already been paid for. There was no mention of extra charges for anything until we got there. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: DON'T GO TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT! ! ! Also if you have long hair as a man don't go there. The...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for both business and personal reasons. Location is convenient for moving about by car and trolley. Room was very good and quiet. Bed was very comfortable for us. Service was good and staff pleasant. One mild disappointment -- Were told free coffee in the morning until 9AM. First morning no problem at 8:45 to take with us in the car. Next day at about 8:15 AM went too get the coffee as we were leaving but No coffee, cup for the counter was bare. Asked about it and was told it was only there until the pot ran out and we could purchase coffee in the seating area. Not what was expected. Not major but a pot refill should not be that difficult to satisfy the guests before 9AM.
We did manage to "forget" some items when we departed. The staff did manage to find all the items and shipped them to us. Was a relief and Kudos tot he staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. Thank you for your comments about the staff. I will definitely share it with the team. I do apologize for the coffee in the lobby. Our staff should have communicated the coffee hours better to you. Complimentary coffee is out from 6am to 8am on Monday through Friday. However, beginning on December 23, 2013 complimentary coffee will be removed and we will continue to have Starbucks coffee for purchase in our Bistro and in room complimentary coffee will remain. I will share your comments with the front desk about the coffee and we should have accomodated. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Don't get me wrong the rooms were large and clean however. This hotel has much more improvements to come. The general hotel was very warm and the AC sucked (at least in the room I was in - 342, seemed to take a long time to get temp down).

Breakfast was extra and took a little extra to arrive. It seems like the staff are overworked there and a little by myself. The quality was good when it arrived but did take an extra-ordinary amount of time to arrive.

It was a shame that the pool was closed, however the hotel did contact me in advance regarding it.

I felt for the price, which averaged out to be $300 per night for my stay, 3 nights, was a little too expensive for the quality of the hotel. It was a lot of little things that add up to my rating based on the cost I paid.

I was hear on business as I had a training course at the hotel. The hotel staff make a mock of that too. They sent a few of us to the wrong room, waiting for over 45 minutes, despite us asking and clarifying a number of times. They did say sorry, but the staff really need to be a little better and onto the point of whom is doing what in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the incoveniences during your stay. We have fixed the AC and we are training our staff on increasing the speed of service in our Bistro. Your comments are important to us as it gives us an opportunity to improve. I understand that it must have been frustrating to wait in the meeting room and the location was changed. I want to apologize that we did not communicate this information to you and others. I hope when your travels bring you back to San Jose that you will reconsider us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I selected very good for two reasons. 1) the San Joe airport was right next to us as well as a very busy freeway and when in our room we heard ZERO noise. 2) The bed was extremely comfortable, we are considering a purchase.
Location is great near Santana row. downtown San Jose and easy access to roadways to San Francisco. The hotel is very clean and friendly. We would go back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank for choosing to stay with us here at the San Jose Airport Courtyard. It's a great to hear that you didn't hear any noise from the freeway. Our windows are double paned to help reduce any noise. I'm glad you enjoyed our beds. There is a website where you can purchase Marriott items. The website is shopmarriott.com. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in October. I was taking a class in downtown San Jose. This Courtyard worked out for us in so many ways (in addition to the normal Marriott friendly and dutiful staff and accumulating Marriott points):
1. The rooms got really dark with no gaps of light peaking in. We sometimes end up closing curtains with binder clips. We got a good night's sleep after our 6 hour flight.
2. The rooms were quiet. We didn't hear any plane noise. Our room faced the back of the hotel.
3. The Courtyard was $28 less per night than the group rate of the hotel where my course was being given. Add to that the free parking at the Courtyard and we saved over $50 each night.
4. There were a handful of restaurants walking distance to the Courtyard.
5. It was a 10 minute walk to the light rail. Two separate lines run on these tracks. I took the train each day and never waited more than 7 or 8 minutes for a train.
6. There is free coffee in the lobby from 5 to 8 on weekdays. Starbucks for purchase at other times.
7. While I was in class my husband worked from the hotel. There is free wi-fi all over so he didn't get cabin fever. He worked some from our room, also the lobby, and the outdoor seating areas. He did get booted off the wi-fi (we think it was his employer's fire walls) but the 800 number help desk got him right back on.
8. The Courtyard has easy access to the highway.
9. We had a refrigerator in our room (which we like) although I don't recall that being mentioned in the amenities on the hotel's website.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joyce C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm glad to hear that although your class was Downtown our hotel was still covenient and able to fit your needs. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you and your husband again!