“Great place to stay”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed July 1, 2013

First, they gave us a military discount, which is very much appreciated. They also had some empty rooms, luckily for us, and so they upgraded us no charge so that our family could have as much relaxation as possible together (we spend so much time apart because of my husband's duties in the military) and that made us feel very welcomed! They had a shuttle that ran on time to the airport, and everyone we met there was very kind. The pool was very clean as well. Oh! How could I forget? The beds were AMAZING. I want one at home! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors have actual balconies that you can sit on and get some fresh air. Not those little fa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Lydia O, Operations Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you had a great time and that our staff took such great care of you during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport! Our goal is to always exceed expectations, it is always wonderful and motivating to hear great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our beds and you were able to spend time with your husband.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when you return to the bay area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there upon arrival in San Jose late one night. The staff was very courteous. My room was very nice. The hotel is centrally located and not far from an In-n-Out Burger (number one priority upon arrival in Cali). Marriott has a great rewards program so I am partial to their hotels, but I am not always kind with my reviews. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Lydia O, Operations Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to write one. We are happy to hear that you had an awesome stay with us. Our goal is to always exceed expectations and it is wonderful to hear great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Lydia Kong
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I seldom stay at the courtyard because they don't have free breakfast or evening happy hour . I have never received an upgrade (Platinum status). I stay here using my free night coupons..
It was OK- clean, quiet, free parking, close to business. Normally the rate runs for around $250. if I have to pay for it, I usually stay in Milpitas and drive 6 miles.to San Jose.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed here twice. each time it is my last day with my daighter and my grandchildren. the first time we stayed here it was a great time just for one night so we can be together the day before I leave to come back to Alabama. Room was on pool side kids loved it. The second time we stayed not so good room was on parking lot side and it was so cramped with furniture. Could not move in room with my bags. I am about to come out there again we will stay in SJ close to the airport it just makes it easy for her to get me to the area during heavy traffic. I will call the hotel this time to see about a room guarantee or I won't stay here. I just want the last hours I am there with my child and grandchildren to be memorable. Not miserable Otherwise we could save the money and stay at her house in Tracy.

Room Tip: If you have kids you may want a room that opens to pool area
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. After reading your feedback, I am disappointed that your second room room did not meet your satisfaction. On your future stay, please contact us so we can best accomodate your request.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Lydia Kong
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Nice hotel, with clean rooms and and welcome stuff. Huge parking available.
If you prefer Italian cuisine - nice tratoria is situated not far than 3 min walk.
Hotel is situated near all key business center, and airport
Hi speed WiFi available in the rooms and lobby.

the only think that disappoint me was GYM.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. It's great to read that we provided you with a clean room and our staff was welcoming. Our hotel is definitely in a good location near the airport and many local companies. The Italian restaurant, Vito's, is one of my favorites and I'm glad you enjoyed one of our local restaurants. I would like to share that we are planning in the future to expand our gym. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Easy to find. Near the airport. No noise from the planes or traffic. Clerk had a problem with English comprehension and seemed to laugh when he did not understand what I was saying. For example, when I asked for a quiet room, he laughed and said "no rooms are quiet" which I thought was an odd thing to say. Then he laughed again and said he would put my on the courtyard side. It was a long walk, but the room was quiet as there was no one swimming in the pool. Rooms are fairly small, but clean and functional. Free parking. Can't complain.

Room Tip: If the clerk laughs when you say something, don't take it personally.
1  Thank D L

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for our associate during your arrival. We strive to provide you with excellent service from the moment you check in to the time you check out. I will share your comment with our associate. Once again thank you for your input and feedback. I hope when your travels return to San Jose that we you will consider us again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the only hotel we have used when traveling from San Diego to bring our daughter to San Jose State. Clean rooms with lots of space. Wonderful front desk service makes you feel welcome. My husband was even able to use computer in lobby as needed. Request for early check in, allergen free room (no feather pillows) and 4th floor room were all accomodated. Only complaint on last visit was no mini fridge which we have had on all previous stays. Would highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask ahead to make sure you have a mini fridge. South side faces freeway and airport, light sleepers...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terri E

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. It's wonderful to hear that we are your choice of hotel when you're in the area. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a clean room and are associates provided you with great service. I do apologize that we do not have refrigerators in every room, but please let us know at time of check in and we'll make sure you have one.