“Awesome”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed June 17, 2012

One of the cleanest, most well maintained hotels I've stayed at recently. We somehow ended up in a handicap accessible room, so the bathroom was different (a shower only- which was fine). We had an early flight the next morning, and the shuttle service left something to be desired - far too many people in the shuttle and the driver didn't seem all that familiar with the airport layout. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CindyR62
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the feedback and postive accomodations. My appologies for your shuttle trip to the airport, but appreciate the training opportunity. I can not say enough to my guests, feedback regardless of positive or negative is important for the hotel to know. We can only improve and train on these opportunities, so I thank you for bring this to my attention. I hope to see you in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Jose Airport

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a great hotel to stay at for business. I was here five nights and it was really quiet and the staff was very friendly. I'd definitely stay here again. I took the advice of other reviewers and stayed in a room facing the courtyard. Oh the breakfast and dinner options were pretty good. I don't eat meat so they were super accommodating. I sort of miss the breakfast buffet however. I'd like a few more selections....otherwise, great quiet spot that is really convenient.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the courtyard.
1  Thank bookersclub

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your recognition of our staff and hotel. The Bistro is a new addtion to Courtyards and we are very excited and proud of the new product and rooms renovation. You mentioned more options on the menu. The Marriott Courtyard team is constantly reviewing the menu's and updating the menu's quarterly with new promotional items. Try our Warm Turkey & Artichoke sandwich the next time you visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip, nice enough room, good bed and free wifi.
Otherwise it was a pretty standard hotel - the advertised gym was extremely small albeit there was one which is always useful.
Fresh breakfast options with a good selection of teas and coffees. Like the fact that the breakfast options has calorific values attached to them.
Found the staff nice and polite without being overbearing.
There is a bigger gym and a food courtyard across the road which had a selection of lunch options.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice rooms & great customer service. The workout area was clean and the equipment was well maintained. The breakfast was ample and something for everyone. The location was easy to find and there was a Starbucks 50 feet away. We will stay here again next year when we travel to Fresno.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you know that all you'll need is a place to sleep, I'm sure you'll be fine. Remodeled rooms, nice bed, and clean.

If you might require any interaction with the staff, consider yourself warned. I'll confess that part of this is a whiny review, but I specifically booked this hotel for three reasons: it's directly across the street (though pedestrian-inaccessible) from the San Jose airport, it had a free airport shuttle, and it offered a breakfast-included rate. Only one of the three met expectations (the hotel is, in fact, across the street from the airport!)

Alas, it took 35 minutes for the shuttle to arrive, despite arriving at 11pm on a Sunday night. Breakfast, it turned out, wasn't a sit-down restaurant. And when they say "breakfast" closes at 9:30am, they mean it. I showed up at 9:31 figuring that if all they're going to do is put a Starbucks-style breakfast sandwich in a toaster oven, I might be safe. Wrong.

In the end, I wish I'd followed my instinct on this trip: book via Priceline, pay for a cab to the hotel, if necessary. I'd have saved money, and my expectations would have been lower.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onewaySeaWa
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I was shocked when I saw your comments on the "lack" of service you recieved at our hotel. I do appreciate the training opportunity. The hotel management team has been working very diligently with the staff on customer service training, so this was disappointing to hear. The wait and response you received was unexceptable and I am sorry for this. The issues you brought to our attention have already been address with the associate. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out. My hope is that you will give us another opportunity in the future and allow us to provide the service that Marriott strives for.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here on a freebie certificate. Easy to find and very close to the airport for our early flight to Hawaii.

Clean comfortable rooms. What you have learned to expect from Courtyard.

Check in was simple. Staff was friendly. Drink prices at the bar/food counter were a little high for wine but it is a hotel.

I’d stay here again before leaving on a trip out to SJC

Room Tip: Get an room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Freshly updated rooms were nicely appointed with good furniture, lighting and decorations. I'm not a fan of the breakfast bar and find it too pricey. The biggest surprise was how little thought went into the fitness center. It does have two tread mills and an elliptical but it's tucked away in the farthest corner of the hotel and it was hot and stuffy inside with very little air exchange. No fans inside. VERY CRAMPED and STUFFY. Not a place where I would want to spend an hour doing cardio. Marriott needs to do better than this.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business