“Pleased with my stay”

Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Pleased with my stay”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My stay was very comfortable and the location was good. Close to airport and close to the location I was in town for. Rooms were remodeled and clean. Staff was very accommodating and helpful. There was remodeling construction being done on the first floor during my stay but the schedule the construction crew worked was very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed the night of 12/5/12 at the property. The room has been totally renovated and it is clean, in good taste, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, CD/DVD player. Small size but with all the necessary amenities. Continental breakfast is basic but not bad. The renovation noise from the floor below was not ofensive and we were advised in advance. We will return to this property and will recommend it to our friends

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This Best Western recently underwent a face lift and it was well worth it. The room was large, well appointed, and the bed was super comfortable. I love the little touches like the marble counter tops, the crown molding, and the tile floor entrance to our room. The closet was huge! The internet was plenty fast and the customer service was top notch. The only complaint I have is that the televisions were programed to only be turned up to 30 and for two adults who are not hard of hearing, it was too low. The clerk was not able to turn them up. And, it seems that the hot water is set for a certain temperature that is comfortable but won't get very hot. I realize that's a safety thing, but I would have liked a slightly warmer shower. Those two things won't stop me from staying there in the future, but I sure would like them to address those two issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Camden, Delaware
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the BW Airport Plaza Hotel during their construction phase. The second floor appeared to be about 85% done. They still had signs that needed to be attached to the doors and the stairwell was probably going to be last on the list due to it being subject to traffic from the first floor which was very much under construction.
However, despite the questionable exterior, my room was beautiful. The room was done in warm chocolately browns and other earth tones. It offered the basic amenities--king size bed, desk, sitting ottoman, and well done bathroom--but the bed was SO comfortable and the colors were absolutely inviting.
They also offered breakfast in the morning. You get to choose from various cereals, yogurt, a couple different coffees and other beverages. They also had one of those belgian waffle flip irons--that was my breakfast. :)
The hotel is super easy to get to and is located on one of the "main drags" of San Jose--The Alameda. That street becomes Santa Clara as you get further east but it's the same road that the convention center is on. I-880 is very accessible to the hotel and Hwy 101 isn't too far of a drive. I loved driving that main road at 7 in the morning when there was very little traffic. It gave me a chance to see what was along the road without impeding traffic.
The only "con" that I encountered--you can hear road noise from the room. I was at the very end of the building and could hear even the "ding dong" of the crosswalk signal. On a side note, there is no workout room. Other than that, I recommend this hotel for short stays in San Jose.

Room Tip: Pick one away from the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was surprised to see how great the hotel looks after the renovations done. the first thing i noticed was the extended lobby and breakfast area. It is alot more spacious, well decorated, and overall a major change. the staff was friendly and courteous as well which is a major plus. The second floor also went through some major renovations and did not mind paying a little extra for the deluxe renovated rooms.The entire hallway looks so much better and elegant with freshly painted walls and new carpet. The new deluxe rooms are in immaculate condition with new carpet, bathroom tile, beds and furniture as well as a flat screen tv and dvd player, well above most budget hotels and some not so cheap ones. Free wifi, parking and continental breakfast is always a plus, i dont get those hotels that charge you extra for basic hotel needs.Overall the stay was better than i expected satisfying all my needs and comfortable, clean rooms. I did not rate it a 5/5 because it is not a 5star hotel but it feels like one.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms are a major upgrade from regular rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelR408
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was a good hotel to book for a short stay in the San Jose area. Similar to other reviewers, I would probably not book this if I were on vacation. I went at the end of November 2011 when they were undergoing renovations but I still had a good time there - the room was quiet and a good size, the bed was comfortable. It was quite chilly outside and the blankets and pillows were great. No problems with anything. The only thing I did not like and had not expected was that it is not a "closed" hotel. What I mean is that anyone can knock on your room door without having gone past front desk because the front desk is kind of separated from the rooms portion of the hotel. The hallways are also exposed to the outside (there is no door that closes off the halls leading to the rooms from the outside) so it was chilly in the halls. Also, there is not much around the hotel within a 5 minute drive. Our first night there, we drove around and only found one place open for dinner (a fried chicken place). Later on, we realized we needed to drive maybe 10 minutes to the Alameda. However, I was there with family and we got a good price for 2 rooms.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Seattle
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Exactly what you would expect from a Best Western in the rooms, basic and predictible. However the breakfast was below average, with minimal choices and I made the mistake of accepting a room facing the busy street -- windows were not well insulated for noise or comfort. Great location close to Santa Clara and the airport.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a street side room -- deceptively quiet at 10pm, surprisingly noisy at 7...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family