“Dump”
Review of Pacific Motor Inn

Pacific Motor Inn
Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Allowed a cheap client to book this hotel for me. Convenient to downtown San Jose. Dirty carpeting. Room smelled like smoke. Shady figures roaming the parking lot at night. Take your valuables, lock your things up, and find anither hotel the next night if you can!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Pacific Motor Inn

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I picked this hotel for my recent trip to San Jose because of the Fitness room, and that did not disappoint, it was the best out of the 2 hotel's I had booked during this trip. However, that's where the good times ended. First off check in took forever....The hotel staff had to keep putting me off so that she could continue to answer incoming calls, kind of rude to the person standing in front of you. Then when we finally got to our room, our door would not shut properly, when I complained to the front desk staff, I was told just to jiggle the inside handle and it would cut loose, thought that trick worked it's still a little un-nerving to have a door that's questionable. The next issue we had was the WIFI, does not work...my iPad never once connected and our iPhones only worked through our cell carrier...again when I complained or questioned I was just told that it's probably because too many people or I was located to far away from the hub???? which was a fallacy because even when I was in the front office it still did not work. Lastly, the people above us were stomping and slaming their doors until at least 3 in the morning. Oh and the sink leaked all over my suitcase and the refrigerator never really kept our drinks cold... Definately would not recomment this establishment. Though the staff was very friendly, just not too helpful

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The carpeting was FILTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staff was advised each day, nothing was done. They could have cared less.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Positives: Great location, very helpful staff; terrific TV, Great shower, Microwave & refrigerator

Negatives: Small room, Breakfast room too small, Two lamps did not work, No bathroom in lobby

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The room was nice and clean. Automatic lights were very nice for me. The Staff was deliightful. extremely helpful. I left some money in the room when I checked out and I didn't realize it until I had already gotten to the airport. I called up the hotel. and about an hour later the problem was completely taken care of. Thank you Wendy? i think was her name. And I forget the name of the manager. I also left my key in the room the night before, and got a new one within 30 seconds of walking up to the reception desk. THANK YOU staff

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada San Jose recently on a very brief trip passing through San Jose. We are very familiar with the city and the area and have stayed in higher priced hotels nearby a number of times. I had not stayed at a Ramada before and chose this one because of the price, not having to pay extra for parking and because it was downtown which was handy to the other things we had to do. We were there on a Saturday night and did not check in until late in the evening and had no trouble with parking. We were leaving first thing in the morning so I was reluctant to pay for a higher end hotel when we would not have a chance to enjoy higher end amenities.

The room was well appointed, not elegant, mind you, but certainly fine. We had an end room on the bottom floor and did not hear any other guests, clubs or traffic noise. The bed was very comfortable (wanted to steal the pillow - but didn't!), the shower was clean, water pressure great, soap/shampoo were provided, the towels were fluffy and I got a good night's sleep.

The next morning, a continental breakfast was provided and there was quite a bit of variety, coffee was great, although the room was very small. It was exactly what we were looking for. I looked at the pool area which is close to the breakfast room and it seemed very clean.

My husband and will likely stay here again next time we pass through. Granted, it is not a luxury hotel - if that's what you want, you will have to pay the price - but I was happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family