“Conveniently located”

Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Davis, California
“Conveniently located”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Conveniently located for my purposes near downtown San Jose and a lot less expensive than the downtown hotels. Clean, comfortable room with microwave, fridge and strong free wi-fi. Good continental breakfast. Not a very extensive cable TV selection, but that is just a minor point in my book.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Located in a beautiful area of San Jose, this hotel was right where we needed to be. The room was nice and clean, but you heard everyone's conversations outside as if they were right next to you. I was awaken many times throughout the night because of people talking. The breakfast had 2 danishes, too bad there were 3 of us, and a few other items of limited supply. We opted for the IHOP and Denny's down the street instead. Although my 3 day stay in San Jose was a great, I wish I could say the same about the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotels in this area are very inexpensive. This is the least expensive of all the surrounding hotels. It is a remodeled older hotel. The rooms are clean but not attractive. The service was courteous. They have a small continental breakfast, nothing to write home about but there was fresh fruit and decent coffee. The pool looks cared for but I have not used it. It is in a very good location with many restaurants around it. It also has a small refridgerator and coffee maker in the room. I stay here whenever I need to come here for business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Indian Head, Maryland
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I guess for the price it's fine. It's really just a great location for the price. Kind of gross though.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank laneelms

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Loma Linda, California
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Convenient location, close to museums and airport.
I booked this hotel in a rush and just trusted some good reviews however I was so disappoited and I will not stay here again. The non smoking room smelled like someone had been smoking in the room before. Even I spayed with air freshener (that kills bacteria), but the stinky smoke smell came back after an hour. I was too tired to change the room (I might have gotten the worse one). Also there was a lound noise from a bar across the street.

• Stayed April 2012
UK
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Rooms spacious and clean, swimming pool outside and although we didn't use it looks clean. Staff super friendly and cant do enough for you. Breakfast room newly decorated and plenty of choice for breakfast. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Worth booking a room with 2 double beds as they are so much bigger
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 14, 2012

First, the good - the staff during the day were excellent, very friendly and professional. And the hotel, while not in the best neighborhood, is very convenient to the convention center. Lastly, for this type of hotel, the breakfast was better than expected.
The rooms were ok, mostly clean but had seen better days. The showerhead was nearly useless, jammed up with sediment, and a broken outlet cover stayed broken my entire stay. The hotel internet connection was a joke, so painfully slow that I used my droid for internet most of my time in the room.

The walls were very thin, and I could hear all conversations to the rooms on either side of mine, as well as above and below. Fortunately the rest of the guests were very quite after 11pm during my stay. Also, all of the rooms opened to the outside (rather than internal hallways) and if I were traveling alone, I would not want one of the ground floor rooms, which opened directly into the (unguarded) parking lot.

I would stay here if I was a college student, or trying to save total cash, but next time that I travel on the company dime, I'll go to one of the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor room, no noise from above. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business