“Morton's: change is not always for the best.”
Review of Morton's

Morton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 1, 2014

When Morton's was sold to Landry's I worried that they would eventually change things and they have. Initially they went from butter to whipped butter, no big deal but you can tell they are trying to stretch it.The bread is still as good as ever . However the shrimp alexander which used to be 3 huge shrimp served in a small dish by itself is now 4 very tiny and very overcooked shrimp served on the side. I should have sent it back but I did not. The beef is ok but it is no longer from the Chicago supplier that Morton's used. Also in the bathroom the paper towels have gone from a heavy towel imprinted with the Morton's logo to a very thin cheap paper. Not a big deal but if they changed this I worry what else have they changed in the kitchen. Service is still the same but the changes in the food will have me thinking twice about going back

1  Thank shermansj

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for the past 7 years and the food is always good. They stick to the old school steakhouse style and let the food do the talking for them. The Cajun Ribeye is hands down my favorite dish. The least favorite would be the bland crab cocktail appetizer and the bacon wrapped scallops. I like my scallops pan seared and these are boiled so it's soft and slimy (I asked for a light seat and it still was nasty).

The service is always exceptional and the Happy Hour is a great deal too.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

4*Morton’s
San Jose
Great Happy Hour in San Jose
Part of steakhouse chain
Situated downtown; convenient location
Happy hours seven days a week
Beer $3.50; Wine $7
Bar snacks for $6 and $7
The steak tacos (2) were fantastic
The cheeseburger sliders (3) were good
The filet sandwiches (4) were so-so; hated the mushy bread
Excellent food service by Chelsea & Corinne (sp?); anticipated our drinks

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had lunch with a group, chose from a reduced menu. Had the filet Med/Rare, green beans and mashed potatoes. Steak was perfectly cooked, but under-seasoned (never had this at a top steakhouse that I can remember!), needed salt and pepper, at least! Mashers were creamy, very nice, plenty of chives on top, and the green beans were tiny, delicate, and nicely done.
Most of the group had good seating, but we were backed right up against a side table - I was really glad I was lucky and did NOT tip over the 3L bottle of expensive wine on the table when I tried to get up from the table!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Enjoyed ourselves in a private backroom for our party of about a dozen folks. Staff was super attentive without being annoying. Drinks were well prepared and delicious (Old Fashioneds for me). As you'd expect from any Morton's the food is very well prepared, beautifully presented and more than satisfying. It's expensive, but you already know that. First time having both the hot and cold seafood trays. Both were very impressive; mounds of crab and lobster, oysters, crab cakes, crab legs, MOUNDS OF CRAB meat. Highly recommend Morton's for a crazy splurge.