“My Worst Dining Experience!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morton's

Morton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,142 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Corona, CA
“My Worst Dining Experience!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have heard so much about Morton's and decided to give it a try for the first time.
I went there Feb. 26.
This was the worst dining experience I have ever had!!!!!
The hostess offered me a seat in the bar area instead of the dining area, so I took it sense I could watch the game on TV and eat at the same time. The hostess said that I could order the same food as in the dining area. There was no one else sitting in the bar area but me. I sat there at the table for over 10 minutes before the waitress even came over to ask if I would like something to drink. Then, I sat there for another 20 minutes before the same waitress came over to ask if I wanted something to eat. She then brought over a menu. She saw me sitting there all of that time, but never bothered to come over, as she appeared to be doing something else. Later, a second waitress (who was very kind) saw me there and came over and took my order.
The first waitress just disappeared, never to be seen again.
I asked for a Filet steak cooked medium, spinach, and mac & cheese. Again, I sat there another 20 minutes or longer waiting for my food to arrive. I said to myself that this can't be happening, not a place with a reputation for high-end dining like Mortons - I must be dreaming!!
When the food finally arrived, I cut open the steak and ate one piece from the end. The rest of the steak was nearly rare - just brown on the outside. The spinach had more salt on it than a salt shaker. The waitress kindly apologized and took the food back to the kitchen and said that she would fix it. I thought that they would have brought me a new steak. No, they reheated the same steak until it was medium and darker on the inside and brought me a new bowl of spinach with less salt. Meanwhile, my mac & cheese sat there getting cold until they brought my meal back to the table.
I was absolutely FURIOUS!!!!
I eat at Ruth Chris Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, and Flemings Steakhouse all the time. The experience is ALWAYS wonderful, from the waiter/waitress service, the hostess, and the food.
I have never had a bad experience at these places.
After completing my meal, I told the waitess that I did not want dessert and that I would be leaving a very small tip, but it had nothing to do with her and everything to do with the first waitress and the rest of my dining experience. I should not have left any tip at all, but the second waitress was very kind and showed more of what I expect from a place like Mortons.
Based on the other reviews of this place below, I see that I am not alone in my experience and will probabvly never go to Morton's again - at least not the one in San Jose!!!

• Visited February 2013

“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I have previously been to Mortons in San Francisco and the experience was excellent, so had high expectations for the restaurant in San Jose last night. I have never left a review on tripadvisor previously, but feel impelled to do so as the experience was so terrible, I hope that Mortons take notice and nobody else has the same experience. We arrived at 5.30pm and were shown to our table, we were given the usual preamble about menu changes etc. we ordered a mojito and a bottled beer. The beer was ok, but the mojito was an undrinkable sugary syrup with one mint leaf in it, we sent it back and ordered a glass of red wine instead which was fine. We ordered starters, lobster bisque and oysters, upon arrival the oysters were great, but the lobster bisque was cold. We sent to lobster bisque back, saying it was cold, it was, our waitress, who had now become non attentive, summoned the manager... He told us he had taken the temperature of the soup and it was at 165 degrees, this was clearly a lie and he went on to make a number of sarcastic comments throughout the evening, as our next course arrived, which was excellent, for example he passed our table and said is there too much cheese in your,mac and cheese! And made a couple of other comments, upsetting us and making us feel very uncomfortable. I will never go back and advise others to consider other options.

“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

For the price, things should be superb-- they weren't. Rare means at least warmed up to a normal cow body temp, not fresh from the fridge. Cow sushi can be tasty, but when I want that, I'll order it raw.

Sandy, UT
“Really good steak, but not worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food really is excellent! You can't go wrong with the steaks at this place. Just be prepared to pay for it. It's usually pretty crowded and service can take a while so don't be in a hurry. As most high end places everything on the menu is a la carte and adds up quickly. It's a great place to impress clients or meet to discuss business but otherwise I think there are better places to eat for that kind of money. They are not open for lunch.

Visited January 2013
San Jose, California
“Expensive but exquisite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you want to impress someone, take them to Morton's. It was much more than I wanted to pay. The food and service was great and I like to know that I have eaten there.

Visited February 2012

Been to Morton's? Share your experiences!