“Really good steak, but not worth the money”
Review of Morton's

Morton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,208 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food really is excellent! You can't go wrong with the steaks at this place. Just be prepared to pay for it. It's usually pretty crowded and service can take a while so don't be in a hurry. As most high end places everything on the menu is a la carte and adds up quickly. It's a great place to impress clients or meet to discuss business but otherwise I think there are better places to eat for that kind of money. They are not open for lunch.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you want to impress someone, take them to Morton's. It was much more than I wanted to pay. The food and service was great and I like to know that I have eaten there.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Excellent steaks, salads, and sides, but it took forever to get our entrees. To be safe, plan for a 3 hour dinner. Disappointing that after such a large dinner spend, the service was so uncomfortably slow...my guess is that half the kitchen staff didn't show up for work that night. I am going to think twice before returning.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The service was slow, although they were really busy. Food was good. Steak was well prepared and the cheesy au gratin potatoes were very good!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a great experience at Mortons in Washington DC a number of years back, so was looking forward to another visit. Sadly, it did not live up to my previous experience. I was there with clients.... the service was rushed and unconvincing. The waiter was pushy, upselling everything, not hearing the subtle rejections.

The food was tired, my New York strip was gristled, I only managed to eat half of it.

Perhaps they had an off night.....

Been to Morton's? Share your experiences!