“Very good option for SJC stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is an excellent option for an overnight stay for an early morning flight out of SJC. Very reasonably priced, free breakfast and free wi-fi. Room is very clean and the staff are very friendly. The airport shuttle was right on time and got us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Lynn R,

Thank you for spending time out of your day to let us know how your experience was with our property. We are glad to hear that our many amenities came to your benefit during your visit to the San Jose area. We take pride in providing clean rooms with friendly service at an affordable price. We look forward to your next visit to the Silicon Valley. Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inns & Suites - San Jose Airport.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Reviewed January 18, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jesse R
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at this LQ because it was close to the airport and I had an early flight. The place was clean, quiet, convenient and I had points. I travel all over the US and stay primarily at LQs but I think this one is priced too high so would I recommend it - maybe. If you can find the same thing at a better price - do it.

BTW - Do not order room service from the menu with area 171 on it. Mediocre food priced way too high with lots of additional charges including a packaging charge - really?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience with our property. I hope to reassure you that you are investing your hard earned dollar well when staying with us. We take pride in being the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor, and always strive to give all of our guests the best and most comfortable stay possible. Please keep a look out during your next stay for a new and improved Room Service Menu, we are currently working on vamping up our Naki's Lounge Appetizer menu so that we can offer a nicer selection of foods for our in-house guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

After some lackluster stays at other San Jose business hotels, I decided to give La Quinta a try. While I generally wouldn't stay at a La Quinta, it's currently ranked #1 on Tripadvisor, and that was certainly worth the gamble on a one-night stay.

La Quinta doesn't make a tremendous first impression as you approach. It's sign from the highway exit shares space with the sign for the Burger King Drive-In, which is adjacent to the hotel. La Quinta is tucked up against Highway 101 in a commercial/industrial area and consists of two sizeable two story structures.

As I checked in, I got an idea about why La Quinta is so highly ranked. The two desk clerks were friendly, prompt and attentive. We talked about the hotel's #1 ranking, and they take a lot of pride in it. The lobby area is pristine and looks like it was recently renovated. It also featured a small bar and seating area where they serve breakfast. I inquired about buying a bottle of water and rather than having me do so, one of the clerks went into the back and brought back a small gift bag with a bottle of water, a bag of microwave popcorn and a snack bar. Talk about a great first impression!

My room was at the other end of the property on the second floor. The clerk gave me perfect directions as to how to find my room and where to park.

When I entered my room I was impressed - it also looked recently renovated. Everything looked new and worked perfectly. The room felt a bit drafty, but with a quick thermostat adjustment, warm air was soon circulating. The flat screen TV featured far more channels that I usually find at a hotel, although it was lacking pay-per-view options.

I noticed that my room picked up a lot of exterior (road) noise. I wasn't on the highway side, but it was noisy. I'd previously stayed at the Doubletree and, despite having a room there that was within spitting distance of Highway 101, I couldn't hear a thing. That was not the case at La Quinta.

Furthermore, I was woken up early the next morning not by my alarm but the alarm of the person in the room next to mine. I could hear their alarm music clearly, which was a surprise, as there wasn't any kind of passage between the two rooms.

I certainly felt fortunate that they were otherwise quiet neighbors, but soundproofing isn't a strength of this hotel, and my overall rating reflects that.

In addition, my sheets were quite scratchy, which undermined a bed that was otherwise quite comfortable. I would have also appreciated slightly larger bath towels - I'm a larger guy, and those kinds of things do matter to me!

Otherwise, the room was extremely well-appointed. Wi-Fi access was easy, and the speeds were acceptable. The room also featured a pod-based coffee maker, microwave, safe, and mini-fridge. Hot water and water pressure were excellent. The free breakfast featured bacon, eggs, pastries, bagels, cereal, and something I'd never seen before - a self-service waffle iron.

I was left with the impression that this is a hotel chain that really cares about differentiating itself from the competition. The staff is well trained and displayed a personal commitment to my happiness and comfort, which is something I don't always see.

Room Tip: Given issues I had with sound from adjoining room and outside, you should probably ask the front des...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BradleyX
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear BradleyX,

We truly appreciate such a in-depth and thorough review of our property and guest services. I am proud to say, that despite some issues with the noise, that your overall first impression was very good! We really do take pride in providing outstanding service to each and everyone of our guests.

I will be certain to let my staff know what an outstanding job they did for you. We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know, in detail, about each moment of your experience. Thank you so much for your kind words, we look forward to your next visit to the La Quinta Inns & Suites - San Jose Airport.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This this is the only place I prefer to stay. Always clean, friendly and safe. Reward program doesn't hurt as well. Breakfast is a bonus so you save on that, I can bring my small dog. My last stay was free. I love La Quinta.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Belinda 2,

We appreciate you taking time to let us know about your recent visit to our property. I am glad that you received a clean, friendly and safe place to stay during you visit. And it sounds like with your Returns points, the trip was of little cost out of pocket. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the San Jose area.

A La Quinta traveler
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed January 12, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was in San Jose for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

1. Clean
2. Great breakfast - sausages, scrambled eggs, coffee, a lot more
3. Rooms have nice furnishings and comfortable bed
4. Good customer service
5. Free 24 hr airport shuttle

This is how a hotel should be. This hotel is way better than Marriott or Hilton..

I suggest that all La Qunita Inn follow the standards that you established and I will definitely stay with your hotels. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear I D,

Thank you, you summed it up very nicely, we greatly appreciate your very kind words and are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with what we are providing here at the La Quinta Inns & Suites - San Jose Airport. Thank you also for taking time out of your busy day to let us, as well as all the other guests, know about your experience. We look forward to your next business trip and hope that it is just as pleasant as your last visit!