“great bed but that's all”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed overnight to catch a flight in the early a.m. The Good: very efficient and friendly staff.
Very comfortable and clean bed.Furnishings looked fairly new.The barkeep was friendly and intelligent. The bad: single woman placed on the ground floor. I like to open my windows for fresh air. The coffee maker did not work. Upstairs I heard rapid walking back and forth for hours. ? I was at the end of a hall . Next time I will find a better place
Taowow from Maui.

Room Tip: There is NO Room service although they list it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear taowow,

We appreciate you spending time to let us know about your most recent visit to our property. I apologize that your particular room was not to your satisfaction. During yout next visit please make a request for a top floor room and we would be more than happy to have you accommodated. We want o have all of our guests feel safe and comforatable during their stays, safety and comfort are amongst our top priorities.

I would also like to apologize about the confusion regarding our room service; it is current'y done off site, through a local restaurant, but please keep a look out, we are working on expanding our menu items at Naki's Lounge our full bar located in the main lobby. Perhaps during your next stay you may be able to take advantage of some of the new and delicious items we will be adding.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to let us know abour your stay.

408.435.8800 ext. 306
lq6273agm@laquinta.com

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in November 2013. The hotel is actually across Freeway 101 from the Airport in an industrial looking area but it had been recently rennovated and, overall, the stay was very good. The staff was attentive and excellent.
I used the free shuttle service from and to the airport. I called the hotel after picking up my luggage. From there it's a short walk to the hotel shuttle pick up area. The shuttle got there within 15 or so minutes.
The check-in was easy and I was given room 211 which is upstairs in the "main" building (where the reception and bar/restaurant area is). The room was recently rennovated, very clean and very nicely appointed. TV, microwave, fridge, etc. All in good working order. Plus coffee machine and coffee. I found the bed very comfortable. What prevents me from giving the hotel five stars is that 1) walls were kind of thin (I could hear alarms going off in rooms around me in the morning) and 2) rooms in the section of the hotel where my room was are directly over the bar area and one can hear the noise through the floor. Other than that, liked it very much.
There is free wireless internet, a free breakfast that, for free, is more than adequate, there's a small fitness center and a nice looking pool. Less than a quarter mile away is a trail that runs along the Guadalupe River...a good place to run. There's a Burger King next door but, other than that and the hotel bar (which also serves a limited amount of food) there are no dining/shopping possibilities within walking distance.
The bar was reasonably priced and the bartender (who I think was new) was very nice.
Upon my very early checkout (4:15 in the morning) the man at the desk asked if he could print out my boarding passes...which he did. He also provided me a breakfast snack bag consisting of a banana, yougurt and a breakfast bar...this was unexpected and I found this to be a very nice touch.
The pros significantly outweigh the cons of this nicely refurbished hotel. I would recommend staying here but would ask that you be put in the other building or not in a room over/near the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not over/near the bar area. Probably better to stay in the second builiding...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Southern MD Traveller,

Sounds like overall, you had a successful business trip. We are glad that you were able to utilize all of our amazing amenities. We apologize that you were woken up by other neighboring alarms; during your next stay please feel free to ask for a complimentary pair of ear plugs from the front desk.

We are working on expanding out shuttle service as well, keep a look out during your next stay, perhaps we will be able to give you a lift to one of the many neighboring restaurants.

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we look forward to your next visit to the Silicon Valley.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had to stay in San Jose on an overnight layover. The rooms are mediocre and my room actually smelled. On top of that, I arrived late with just enough time to catch some sleep before my early-morning departure the next day, and it seems that the first floor bar gets revved up right around that time with Silicon Valleyites that use heavy doses of alcohol to offset their 16-hour days at eBay, Facebook and Google.

The only advantage to this place is that it is less than 5 minutes from the airport. That's why I gave them 2 stars instead of 1 star.

If you can avoid this place, avoid it.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael-Stollaire

Dear Michael-Stollaire,

I would like to apologize for your inconveniences with the bar noise. It is not unusual for hard working Silicon Valley employees to unwind, relax and have a drink after a long day of work. Naki's Lounge is great amenity that we have for all of our hardworking corporate guests. In the future, please inform our Front Desk if you would like a quieter room and we would be more than happy to accommodate you. Thank you for spending time to let us know about your stay, every review counts as we are always striving to improve our service. We hope you stay again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Antioch, California, USA
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Like the Hotel, close to airport and to where I work at. Staff is great. Enjoy getting rewards points, I think it is great! The service goes the extra mile, they noticed I enjoy my coffee and requested a few extra cups and they always do what they can to make their quest feel at home. Being away from home is hard but I have stayed here every time I have business in San Jose.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Sounds like you have taken full advantage of our La Quinta Returns member program, Earning your rewards points while you stay is really the way to go! Thank you for your kind words! Our staff thoroughly enjoys all the positive comments regarding their service. We are glad to make your business trips easier when you are away from home. Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites - San Jose Airport.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have never stayed at a LaQuinta before because I thought it was a mediocre chain. I was very surprised at how great the rooms were. Breakfast was also good and better than expected. Many small luxuries like the Keurig coffee in room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear ArdyceS,

Thank you so much for the kind words! La Quinta Inn & Suites - San Jose Airport likes to set the standard on quality rooms at a great price. We provide al the amenities that you would need during your trip as well as some small luxuries like the Kuerig K - Cup Coffee Maker. Thank you for spending time out of your day to let us know how your recent stay was, we hope to see you during your next visit to San Jose.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

All of the staff I met were very friendly and professional. I had to check out early (4:00am) and the night front desk clerk had me on my way within a few minutes. Hotel was very clean and modern. This hotel is just a few miles from the San jose Airport, so at that early hour I did not have any trouble getting to the airport on time.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear Steve C,

We take pride in providing the best professional service possible. With a Front Desk Agent available 24 hours a day, we are always HERE FOR YOU. With a recent 3 million dollar renovation, we are glad to hear that you feel that we are clean and modern. We look forward to your next business trip to San Jose. Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport was a great comfortable stay! The rooms are very colorful,and the decor is very modern and unique! I live the blue and purple mix and the silver couch very trendy! The King bed was nice and comfortable especially the pillows! I stayed for two nights and enjoyed the free continental breakfast! The bathroom is very small but the sink outside worked great for getting ready! The staff was very friendly and the location is great because it's literally steps away from the airport and they even have a complimentary shuttle too! I would definitely recommend and stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear HoneyBPatty,

We are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our decor as well as our hotel amenities. We proudly serve a Full hot breakfast with a choice of eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffles, and much more! Conveniently located 3 miles away from the San Jose Airport, our Airport shuttle is sure to get you on your way to your destination. Thank you for spending time to let us know how your visit was and we hope to see you on your future trips.