La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
$329
$225
$269
The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$419
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$159
$264
$235
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$200
$159
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$545
Hilton.com
$329
Fairmont.com
$335
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsburger kinghear planessan jose airportfree breakfastshuttle serviceyogurtgas stationhot breakfastparking lotlate at nightan early flightcoffee makergreat place to stayfree shuttlepark and flyshort driveconvenient location
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Checked into room 227 with my son. After laying in bed and reading for an hour or so I see a bug on me. No big deal I kill it. Then I notice there are 10 more on my bed. I start killing them and notice blood in each one. I had no experience with bed bugs so went on line right then and sure enough that's what they were. Called the front desk and they moved us to another room. Prior to getting moved we found 20 more bugs in the bed and on the wall.
I still was not that concerned until I starting reading up on them. Once you have them in a place you have a very tough time to get rid the place of them as all the chemicals they use to use to kill them are now illegal. Direct contact with alcohol will kill them, but it dries quick and the bugs hide. They also transport very easily and can live for up to 10 months without feeding. After learning this I tell the clerk in the morning when I check out to have the manager call me and he assured me that would happen. It never did happen and I wanted to let him know what a problem he had and that room 227 that I checked into in the beginning did not have a mattress cover on the bed I was in. The other bed in the room had a mattress cover along with the two beds in the new room, which makes me think they have had bed bugs in the first bed before and removed the mattress cover and worked on ridding the bed of bugs, which made me even more upset that they rented the room out without making sure the bed bugs were gone.
How they moved us to the new room the bugs could easily be transported to the new room on our bags, clothes and us. The small bugs we saw were as small as fleas and the bigger ones were like a small lady bug. The larvae of the bud bug is very sticky and will stick to most things including clothes and bags. So they should have sprayed our bags with alcohol before letting them in the new room.
Their idea of compensation for us moving in the middle of the night and then watching for bed bugs was to reduce our $140 per night bill by 20%, mean while we got about 3 hours sleep for the night. We then had to go home and have our bags sprayed and left outside the house for the time being along with wash our clothes in very hot water, plus wash ourselves with alcohol to make sure the bed bugs do not end up in our house. From my reading if you get bed bugs in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house you can spend weeks and thousands of dollars to rid the house of them.
I have stayed at this hotel on business several times, they have done a nice job of upgrading it but no way is it worth the risk of taking bed bugs home and the way management is dealing with it makes it likely they will spread in the La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank PassportEnvyTA
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear SandSKapolei,

I would like to sincerely apologize for this incident. It is the first time we have encountered this issue since the renovation and I am so sorry that it was not better handled. We have since had the room treated and retreated to insure that the situaiton was contained. We also took extra precaution and had the surrounding rooms treated, to eliminate any risk of it spreading. We were going through a transition in management with myself as the new General Manger, and I am sorry that you did not receive a call from management so that we could address your concerns properly. We have since worked on ways to train our staff to recognize the signs of this so that we can quickly contain the problem before it reaches you, our valued guest. Rest assured, the problem has been contained, and the property is 100% cleared of the situation.

Sincere Regards,
Kris Mangonon | General Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for a short-term assignment at a local hospital. The owner and GM shuttled us to and from the facility, which was a great perk! They were very accommodating to the other workers as well. They offered a great breakfast. Nice to have after a night shift!! The owner reported that this hotel has undergone an extensive overhaul in recent years and it shows. Personal Keurig in your room? Why, yes...we have that! Plenty of towels, wonderful mattress, and the plantation shutters allowed for a dark enough place to sleep after a long night at work. Highly recommend this place!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Tuesday S
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We thank you so much for the kind words! We are so glad that we were able to take care of you and your fellow coworkers during your temporary assignment. As long as you received a great night rest and were fueled up with our Brightside Breakfast, we have done our job! Thank you for staying with La Quinta Inn & Suites - San Jose Airport, we hope your next visit will be just as amazing as this one!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here because we were looking for a good park & fly hotel. The one we stayed at a year prior with a parking garage changed ownership and increased in price. This was an excellent alternative.

Pros:
- Newly remodeled, contemporary feel
- Complimentary high speed wifi
- Close to airport with airport shuttle
- Very friendly staff
- Were offered a complimentary breakfast bag with yogurt, granola bar and fruit since we had to leave early - this was awesome!!!

Cons:
- Loud kids in hallway up until midnight
- Outdoor parking
- No towel bar in sink area to hang handtowels and washcloths

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear moenli,

We are glad that you chose our hotel's Stay N' Go package! We appreciate all the pros that you mentioned. For the cons, we apologoze that the children were running in the hallways until midnight, as we all know it is sometimes very difficult to control the youth, but next time please feel free to call a Front Desk Agent and let them know about the issue, we have Agents on-site 24 hours a day. We will be more than happy to speak with their parents about the curfew.

We understand that you would feel much more at ease with your vehicle parked inside a parking garage, but rest assured our property is covered by 24 hour camera surveillance coupled with perimeter walks done by our staff every few hours. Your vehicle is in good hands when you are on your trip!

The towel bar is something that is the works! We are currently equipping each room with a towel bar along the front of out vanity!

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites - San Jose Airport! We hope to see you the next time you visit with friends!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here so that I could leave my car for 4 days. When I arrived, I was told (not very politely) that I had not reserved the Park and Fly rate and that I would have to pay more. The additional cost amounted to $24, which was not a big deal, but the desk clerk could have been more tactful about the situation. She seemed oblivious to the fact that I had just driven 5 hours to get there and much of that in Bay Area traffic. The rate was $228.00, more than double that of the Radisson San Jose Airport where we stayed in April and left our car for 30 days.

This inn seems to be an upgraded motel with an emphasis on modern decor. It's trying hard to be 4 star but not quite making it. One of the little glitches is that the sink does not drain unless you push on the large plunger button at the bottom. Since someone called about this problem as I was checking in, it apparently is a problem. It would be a good idea to inform guests of this so they do not have to call the reception. If you are on the bottom floor, try to avoid a room under the stairs, as the noise of people going up and down carries into the rooms below.

There is a Burger King next door, but no other restaurants nearby. There is a bar in the main building, and I was told they served light dinners. Their offerings were more like snacks, and they only had two choices, so I ate at Burger King.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear MaestraM,

We apologize our staff did not better read your body langauge, as I am certain that you were very tired from you long drive to San Jose. I reassure you that your night of rest was well worth the money you spent.

The sink drain our rooms are equipped with are unique from the usual push/pull plunger, but we found it the be the most aesthetically pleasing and functional sink plunger. We keep them closed to ensure that no little critters find their way through the water pipes. We want to make sure that you are the only guests in the room.

Yes! There is a Burger King, and is usually the closest option. But a short 10 minute walk away there is the Royal Garden, a family owned chinese restaurant that has excellent food choices. At Naki's Lounge we serve a light appetizer menu that consist of various options such as: Spicy Buffalo Wings or are very popular Chicken Gordon Bleu Bites. We hope you give us another try in the future! We promise your stay will be better than your last! Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites - San Jose Airport!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I did a reverse park and fly, which was very convenient. All of the staff were extremely helpful. My room was very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was above average. WiFi worked well. There is a nice flatscreen TV in the room with a good selection of channels. The only reason that I am not giving this a better review is because I came in late at night and was given a room that was right next to the buffet breakfast. Though I was jet-lagged, I couldn't sleep in because I could hear people setting up and talking. Next time I will ask for another room!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor.