“Very nice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed there only for 1 night and stayed in one of the renovated rooms, it was very nice room and comfortable bed! I think his name is Marke who works the front desk was very nice, we needed extra towels and he brought it up to our room which was nice of him to do that! Would stay there again! Breakfast was good also.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Joce808,

So great to hear that my Front Desk was able to exceed your expectations and that you really enjoyed our new rooms. We are very proud of the major strides we have made with this hotel and we really appreciate the positive feedback.

We have also recently updated our breakfast menu to add a little more variety, as well as improving our quality. If you liked it before, I really think you will enjoy it now. We have also opened our new bar/lounge called Naki's. We are serving alcoholics beverages and select food items in the evenings. We look forward to showing you all of our new perks the next time you are in San Jose. Thank you again for the feedback and safe travels!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a sleeper - some airport noise but not bad. Remodeled recently - its an outstanding value - everything I need as a business traveler, clean bed, breakfast, high speed wifi for free. If you dont have a car eat dinner before you arrive unless burger king and a below average chinese food place meet your needs - thats only thing within walking distance. All good things to say here - staff are friendly and helpful

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank AZbizguy
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear AZbizguy,

It was a pleasure to hear that we were able to meet all of your business needs as this is the heart of the Silicon Valley. Upon acquisition of this hotel we understood the heavy corporate travel in the area and we designed our renovation based to fit the needs of business travelers, but also to provide a comfortable stay for all travelers.

Business travelers and leisure travelers alike will enjoy our free WiFi, 120 DirectTv channels (60 in HD) on our new 32" HD televisions, complimentary hot breakfast, 24 hour transportation to and from the airport, and of course our brand new Naki's Lounge with alcoholic beverages and select food items. We look forward to having you here again real soon and providing the same GREAT stay. Safe travels!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

They are renovating the whole building and all the rooms. I reserved a cheaper, unrenovated room but they upgraded me to a renovated one for free and it was fantastic. Really nice appearance, the staff was very helpful and called my room to see if they could help me with anything, gave me free mini toothpaste and razor because I forgot mine, fast wi-fi, and the free breakfast was pretty good too - apples bananas bacon eggs and biscuits along with all the standard cereal, bagels, waffles, etc. Pretty impressed overall! free shuttle to and from the airport, couldn't be a more convenient location for early AM flights

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear 985traveler,

Very good to hear that my Front Desk Staff took care of you and you were able to enjoy one of our brand new rooms. They really are a big hit thus far and your comments have just added to the success. We are working hard to get the remainder of them done as quickly as possible so everyone can enjoy them just as you did.

The complimentary WiFi, hot breakfast, shuttle to airport, and toiletry items are just a few of the perks you can always expect from our hotel and I am happy that you were able to take advantage of them. The next time you are in town you will be able to add that you enjoyed a glass of wine and a small bite to eat at Naki's Lounge. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love this hotel, staff is nice,friendly, and ver helpful. Ive been going to this hotel more te 10 tmes. New rooms are fantastic, thy still are getting more stuff, like plugs o computer desk, so Ill give them some time. New lobby i great, sat out there and did some work in he nice space. new cafe, wasn't open yet, but ill be going ther one again soon,so ill let you know. very modern new rooms with differnt designs.

Room Tip: Nice location, clean rooms, near stores, and restraunt, deliveries food from local place. Still need...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Amber l,

Thank you so much for the feedback and we are always happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you are here. The new room designs are very accommodating with a sleek, modern edge. So glad that you enjoyed them.

The great news is, Naki's Lounge is now open and we are serving alcoholic beverages and some small food items. We hope you come back to visit soon so we can enjoy yourself in our lounge. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was able to leave my car there for a week, got free hotel shuttle to and from the airport, they offerred continental breakfast and the service was super friendly. The hotel was clean and quant. Very good location.

1  Thank DaliaN428

Dear Dalia,

Really glad to hear that you took advantage of our Stay and Go package when flying out of San Jose International Airport. It really is a great deal for our travelers and very convenient. Traveling can be stressful enough and we try to make it as easy as possible on you.

We hope that you will be staying with us again soon and that you contact us directly at the hotel or through our website to set up another Stay and Go package. Safe travels!

A La Quinta traveler
Mililani, Hawaii, USA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I never, ever write reviews, but this time I just have to. I have been on the road and in hotels every night since June 30, during which time I have been in hotels in TN, AR, OK, NM, AZ, and then quite a few in CA. Apart from one pretty bad one in Nashville, which was at least cheaper, this is by far the worst. The room is small, run down and dumpy, with really old fashioned and outdated appliances. Worst of all, it is absolutely filthy; I took my shoes off and within seconds the soles of my feet were black, so I had to wear my shoes in the room all the time. Believe me, I am not a snob and I have stayed in dives all over the US and in the developing world. This place, particularly for the money, is awful. I was supposed to stay for ten nights and knew as soon as I walked in the room that I would be checking out the next day. Within fifteen minutes I had already made a reservation elsewhere. To be fair to the La Quinta chain, this is the fourth that I have stayed in during this trip, and the others have been fine, in fact one was quite nice. This place bears no resemblance to those and the rooms are completely different.

1  Thank Michael J
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Michael J,

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us what not what you expected and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered. Obviously, many of the items you mentioned have been corrected but I do apologize that they were not addressed prior to your stay.

We are in a state of major transition as half the property has been fully renovated and the other half is in progress. I wish you would have had an opportunity to stay in our newly renovated rooms as I am confident you would have enjoyed them. We have completed almost half of our rooms thus far and we are working quickly to finish the remainder of the project. We have come a long way from when we acquired the hotel a little over a year ago. We have remodeled the lobby and breakfast area, added a bar/lounge, and added elevators in each building. Although we have made these huge strides we still know there is much more to be done.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback as it will only help us to improve our operations. I hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves post renovation as we are extremely excited to share the final product with all of our guests. Safe travels!