La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsburger kinghear planessan jose airportfree breakfastshuttle serviceyogurtgas stationhot breakfastparking lotlate at nightan early flightcoffee makergreat place to stayfree shuttlepark and flyshort driveconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Really this is only a 2-star. I've stayed in other La Quinta's that were nice. My room was dirty, falling apart,noisy and cramped. I might have tolerated that except it was expensive. The rate I was charged was higher than advertised. No where nice to walk with your dog. The bed was okay and by creatively using the bed cover to block out the blazing hallway lights from the door which did not fit into the door frame and using a blanket to cover the tiny window looking onto the parking lot and more blazing lights and playing my sound machine to block out the loud neighbor sounds I was able to sleep. Not recommended. Maybe they just put me in their worst room because I had a dog with me? Looking at the reviews other rooms must be better.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gingersky
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Hello Gingersky:

First off, I would like apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and assure you that we do not place travelers with pets in inadequate accommodations. All of our guests are our priority with or without pets. Our hotel strives to provide excellent service and ensure a pleasant stay for all. It is unfortunate that you encountered these issues as these are not acceptable by our management team. I have addressed your concerns with the staff to ensure all procedures are followed including those of housekeeping.

I truly appreciate your feedback as we have just undergone a management and ownership change which has been very positive. With this experienced team in place, we will be updating our property with new decor and adding to the services we offer. These updates will include the drapes and doors in addition to many other great updates. We hope that you give us another chance so that you can experience the "New" La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. Again thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us review.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was a pleasant surprise after the last hotel I had stayed in. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice AND CLEAN. Conveniently there is a Burger King located right across the parking lot. i specifically stopped in San Jose to visit the Winchester Mystery House and this hotel was a mere 10 minute drive away. So that was super convenient. I was bummed there wasnt a mini fridge in the room, but at least there is a community microvave you can use in one of the vending areas -though I didnt use it. i would easily say this room had the best quality for its price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetien155
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Sweetien551:

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We know you have many choices when traveling to our area and appreciate your selection of our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location, service, and cleanliness. Our staff is passionate about their work and enjoy hearing comments like yours. We hope that your visit to the Winchester Mystery House went well and would like to let you know that we have recently partnered with their facility and now offer admission tickets at a discount right at our front desk! You can also check out our package that we offer which includes 2 Adult admissions!

I would like to also mention that our hotel has recently undergone an ownership change and management change. With this experience team in place, we will be updating our property with new decor and adding to the services we offer. We hope that the next time you come visit us, you will be able to experience the "New" La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. Again thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a great review.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was a really nice hotel, I felt safe and the rooms were clean. The customer service was really great (Rachel) and the breakfest was better then most hotels. I will come back whenever I am in San Jose. Thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: 2nd floor are a little better.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
LQSanJose, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Amparo551,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your most recent stay at the La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and value your business and feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that Rachel was able to make your experience a memorable one.

I would like to mention that our hotel has recently undergone an ownership change and management change. I can assure you that our staff is being well trained in providing the best service possible to all of our guests. In addition, we will be updating our property with new decor and adding to the services we offer. We hope that the next time you come visit us, you will be able to experience the "New" La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. Again thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a great review.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This property is a credit to the La Quinta name. It is evident that all the staff has been well-trained as hospitality professionals. At check-in, the young lady at the front desk was so kind and friendly. Our positive experience continued as we were greeted by each member of the staff that we passed in the halls, and breakfast room. The breakfast was well-attended by a pleasant, and helpful lady. The room was not crowded, and we actually found ourselves relaxing with a cup of coffee, and looking out the windows rather than hurrying off like we usually do.

Our room was very clean, and had been nicely prepared by housekeeping. All common areas were well-maintained, and clean.

Room Tip: We requested first floor, close to the door because we had a lot of luggage. We were cheerfully accommodated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

TexasSM:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are honored to know that you feel our hotel is a credit to the La Quitna brand. We work hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and are happy to know that guests like you appreciate that. Our staff, as you mentioned has ongoing training year round to ensure everyone is utilizing all of their service skills. I am very proud to read your review and thank you for that.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stopped in San Jose to see the Winchester Mystery House. This hotel was the best value accomodation I could fine in the area. The hotel was close enought to Winchester (about a ten minute drive) although there were no food options in walking distance except for a Burger King so that was a bit disappointing. Especially since the front desk twice sent us on wild goose chases telling us there were places that we tried walking to but could never find. In the end we did room service and it was fine.

Our rooms were clean and large. My husband and I had a standard king. There was a large bed, nightstands, table with chairs, desk area, fridge, and TV with a ton of channels. The bathroom was sparkling clean and had a large counter with mirror. My parents had the ADA room which had a step in shower rather than a tub and also had a sofa. It was great for them. There was free wifi and we had no problem getting a connection in our room.

We were a bit disappointed to find out the pool was closed for a week due to maintenance. I had booked ahead several months, so you think they could have emailed us this information. Especially since we stayed in August - prime pool time. Still, we got in late and left early so the pool was not our main focus. The gym room was still open and I used the treadmill. It was old but functioning. There were gym towels and water provided. The room had a couple cardio items and a nautilis machine. All I needed.

The free breakfast was a highlight, especially for my Dad who likes a hearty breakfast. There was a waffle machine, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage, cereal, and fruit. Pretty impossible to leave hungry. There was also coffee, tea and the like. Plus a coffee maker in the room too, so we had plenty.

The hotel is quite near to the airport but it was pretty quiet. I did not hear planes all night, although my parents said they could. Yet they also said they slept great so it was not a problem. Their was more noise from some inconsiderate guests that had a loud late night conversation in the hallway - will people never learn to be polite?!?

Overall we were satisfied with our stay at La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. It met our needs and we all slept well. Plus it was a good value with our room costing only $65 with the AAA / AARP discount.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

ShyBare:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We value your business and appreciate you choosing our hotel during your visit to the Winchester Mystery House. I am glad to know that your overall experience with us was a positive one even though you did encounter some minor issues.

In regards to the pool, due to safety concerns and noise issues for other guests, we close our pool at 10pm. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused; however, can assure you that the pool is very clean and enjoyable. In fact, with new ownership, we will be redecorating the pool area to make the space even more inviting to our guests.

Despite the pool being closed, i am glad to know you were able to use our 24 hour fitness center during your stay as well as enjoy our complimentary breakfast.

Lastly, i do apologize for the nearby guests which happened to disturb you during your stay. We do have a noise policy in place; however, i will be refining this in order to ensure no guests are disturbed during their stay.

As I mention above, our hotel has recently undergone an ownership change and management change. I can assure you that our staff is being well trained in providing the best service possible to all of our guests. In addition, we will be updating our property with new decor and adding to the services we offer. We hope that the next time you come visit us, you will be able to experience the "New" La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. Again thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a great review.