“Custom burgers and much much more”

The Counter Santana Row
Ranked #26 of 2,211 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Quality meats, inventive sauces, toasted buns, melted cheeses and blended shakes that shout flavor.We’re on a mission to challenge the way people think about burgers. We’re about creative construction. We think life is about experiences. Trying stuff. Learning. Being Inventive. Show us what you’ve got.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the best burger place ever. You get to choose the kind of meat - how much meat - what kind of bread - what toppings - and everything is absolutely delicious. Crowded and noisy at lunch time but the service is always fast and friendly.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been meaning to come to this restaurant for ages as it was recommended too me by a colleague over a year ago for when I was next visiting from the UK?

I visited on a Tuesday evening with a another colleague. There was a 20 minute wait to be seated so we chose to sit at the bar. The bartender, James, came over and took us through the process of ordering and explained the specials. He was extremely friendly and a great asset to the restaurant!

I eventually ordered from the Custom menu (build your own) whilst my colleague ordered a special. The service was quick and the food was cooked exactly how I wanted it and tasted great!

Overall a great place to visit and I will come here again! Only concern was that there are so many options on the build your own menu that it can be a bit bewildering!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stopped by the Counter for a late afternoon Burger.
Sweet potato fries are the bomb.
Great burger's and service with a smile!
Pricey yes, but very high quality!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Counter has great service and great food. Being able to order any type of burger anyway you like is awesome. The burgers, onion strings and fries aer freshly cooked and taste amazing. We will come again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Popular among shoppers and office workers at the upmarket shopping area of Santana Row in San Jose, the restaurant serves up a wide variety of burgers. It encourages you to 'build your own' burgers, giving you a step by step guide in building one. I noticed that it charges you extra for common toppings like bacon and avocado. The burger was good, thick and juicy. However, the sides we ordered - nacho fries and pickle fries were bad. The former was soggy and the latter too salty and greasy. Good for burgers but prepared to pay about USD12.00 and avoid the sides.