“Best Pizza & Other Dishes”

Giorgio's Italian Food & Pizza
Ranked #41 of 2,155 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
San Jose, California
“Best Pizza & Other Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

If your looking for a pizza that you won't forget after your first piece this is the one. I have eaten many pizza's all over the US and hand down this is the tastiest I have had. The other dishes are all excellent. from the ambience to the service you won't be disappointed. Give it a try and see what a real pizza taste has for your taste buds. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2013

Fort Pierce, Florida
“I wish It Could Have Been Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I are from NY, and we've been looking for a good Italian restaurant, and we so wanted Giorgio's to be the place. From the outside it looks very small, but inside it opens up and goes back far enough to have a good number of tables in an ambiance that was actually very nice and reminded us of some good Italian restaurants that we've been to.

There were four of us in our party and the service was fine - no problem there. The major disappointment was that all four of us had an entree that was cold when they came to the table and had to be sent back to the kitchen to be reheated. If just one was cold, I would figure that one was done first and had been sitting awhile, but all four?!? There's just no excuse for that. When the entrees came back to the table after being heated, they good, but only to the point of what I'd consider average for a family Italian restaurant.

So my wife and I left the restaurant disappointed that we had not yet found the quality of Italian restaurant that we've been looking for. We would go back to Giorgio's again, but with much lower expectations.

• Visited November 2012
Northern California
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My sister, brother-in-law, husband and I had dinner at Giorgio's this weekend. I usually have ravioli or tortellini here, but my sister talked me into having one of their grinders, and it was awesome. I had the chicken parmigiana grinder, and there was plenty of chicken, along with a hearty sauce and cheese, on a cheesy focaccia-type bread. It came with fries that were not necessary, and not great, and soup or salad. I had salad with Italian dressing, and it was crisp with big, crunchy croutons. My sis had the veal parm grinder, which she said was great. Hubby had the vegetarian calzone and loved it. The only item that really disappointed was the lamb osso bucco. My brother-in-law has had it many times before there and loved it, but he said they got fancy and added wine to the sauce, and it just made it sour. Sis had a cannoli and loved it, but the rest of us were too full for dessert. The service for the main course was a little slow, but the rolls and garlic butter were plentiful, and our drink glasses (water, soda, tea) were kept full.

You can often find a coupon for Giorgio's in the paper, or as we did, in an Entertainment book.

• Visited September 2012
San Jose, Ca.
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

If you are in search of quality Italian fare,and friendly service, go to Giorgio’s Italian Food & Pizzeria! They offer customary Italian dishes like: Veal Parmigiana, Osso Bucco, and Cacciatore, Fettuccine Prawns Portofino and Penne Calabrese. I usually order (although not on the menu any longer) the sausage and peppers dish. If it's a new server, just ask an old timer (employee) in the restaurant and they will know the dish that I'm talking about. Lots of mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers and sausage along with some tasty penne pasta. The fresh baked bread is mighty hot with a slightly crunchy crust. The pizza is also great. Big portions of food at a fair price.

• Visited May 2012
Kalispell, Montana
“about average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I so wanted to like this restaurant, but each dish remained ho hum. Service was good, prices were very fair, but cooking reminded me of the 50s. A more than well done steak was sent back after a request for medium rare. No excuse for that one. Veal Scalloppini was cut too thick, not pounded and in a neutral sauce. Insipid. Tiramisu was not what it was called. Nothing was prepared in a modern Italian style. However, the place was packed with customers, maybe because of the very moderate prices.

• Visited May 2012