“When on Santana Row”

Village California Bistro and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Village California Bistro and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 2,214 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Winchester & Stevens Creek
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I like this place. I feel the food is reasonably priced and in the 3 meals I've had there, it's all been good or great. Last night the service was a little slow which kept if from getting 5 stars. The twice cooked pork is awesome. Flourless chocolate cake a little dry.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Well done Village California - you have exceeded my expectations (and that does not happen often!)

Santana Row, San Jose, California - well, here you would expect to pay a premium for average food and service - this is not the case with The Village California. They are worth every penny indeed and have great food, great service, indoor and outdoor seating and I would like to add a very important thing - kind, friendly and professional waiters. The service was just excellent. We first got a table with a sofa and one regular chair and I said that the sofa was too soft for me - the waiter immediately offered us another choice so many thanks for that. We ordered Dry Martini as the drink and that was absolutely top class and that happens maybe two times per year otherwise. The food was very good and the class and style of the dish itself was superb. This is definitely a place I will return to.

Many thanks to the staff - very good job!

1  Thank Lamboswede
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I were in San Jose for the weekend and just wandering in the Santana Row area looking for a place to have dinner. We had no recommendation for this restaurant but it looked interesting and the menu was varied.

Great choice! We sat outside - not on the street but at the quieter area to the side. Staff were friendly, suggested items we may like and always seemed to be around without being a pain.

Forbidden Thai Curry and Pasta Primavera were our main choices after a happy boy farms spring greens salad we shared. All delicious!

Worth seeking out if you are in the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had dinner after a movie on a Friday night which was enjoyable. Went at 6:00 and it was not crowded until later. We sat inside, but could have sat outside as there were plenty of heaters as folks were sitting in short sleeves. The bar was busy. My husband had the lamb shank and I had the salmon which were both ample portions and the service was good. A good choice if you want to avoid some of the noisey restaurants on Santana Row.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have dined here on two occasions and both times the food has been amazing. The brie in filo with honey is a must for a starter - would recommend sharing - and the forbidden Thai curry is packed full of flavour, and of course there's a fantastic selection of wine available. A must go to each time we're in San Jose now.