“Overpriced wine, slow service”

Village California Bistro and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Village California Bistro and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Winchester & Stevens Creek
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Came in to the place for dinner after not wanting to wait for 40 minutes at a place across the street. I was disappointed by their wine prices where cheapest bottle was no less than $60. A stark contrast to the place just outside where decent bottle of Cabernet could be had for around $40. The food was just average, absolutely nothing special, and the wait was rather exhaustive. There are plenty of other places on the promenade and if you are not in the hurry, I would just avoid it altogether.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Terrible service. The special soup was Pho- the guy spilled some on his hand when he served and then said it's OK- it's not that hot. Man was he right, the soup was tepid - no flavor and the vegetables in it were just raw and dumped in. I've had cup-o-soup that was more flavorful. The waiter never checked with us once and when we needed the check he was sitting in a booth with his back to us and when I finally got someone to get his attention he looked annoyed that we bothered him. There are so many nice places to eat in Santana Row I would caution anyone to go elsewhere. Never again.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Food was pretty good and service was attentive. A bit pricey for what you get and the menu is both scattered and overwhelming.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The food here was good, but the wait staff seemed off their game. We were sitting outside and from my seat I could see the kitchen. The manager seemed to be yelling at every employee who walked by. A bit distracting. I couldn't try any of the wines because I'm pregnant, but everyone else in our six-person party enjoyed their selections very much.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

French Californian restaurant. In our view the best restaurant on the Row. Everything is great, you cant make a mistake. Service can sometimes be a bit unattentative, and all the wines are expensive. But still this is good. Also the indoor atmosphere is very nice, so even if there is outdoor seating, indoor is good.