“Great food.”

Thea Mediterranean
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Winchester Blvd.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food and appitizers are fantastic. The price was on the higher sid but I didnt feel like it was too expensive. Loved the environment and the waiter was great!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Thea is a nice enough looking restaurant with good spacing between tables. Doesn't seem to be all that noisy which is surprising given the layout.

The food at Thea is primarily Greek in origin. Or theme if not actual origin. If you're a vegetarian, there are a good range of options available to you which is nice. Lamb dishes seem to be the forte here. My co-worker's chicken managed to be both dry and greasy at the same time. The food was just ok flavor wise but nothing special. Bread fluffy white stuff rather than the chewy Greek or French bread that I am more accustomed to in Greek restaurants. Entrees are not complete meals and generally require that you order a side dish too.

Service was very sketchy despite the restaurant not being crowded. The greeter was busy talking to the bar tender when we got there and seemed uninterested in working. The waitress knew little about the food and was much more interested in talking to the other waitress.

Bang for the buck here is terrible. The price point is that of a top flight restaurant and Thea is nowhere close. There are several significantly better choices in the San Jose area for Greek food and I suggest that you explore them.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent, fresh Greek food, always good service, love it every time I go there. Convenient, easy parking in the lot next door, and inexpensive, a perfect spot for a small group or a larger party.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to Thea for dinner on a weekend. We were seated right away. As vegetarians we had quite a few options for appetizers but for main course we had just two options. We ordered a traditional hummus sampler for starters, flatbread with caramelized pear and onion and vegetarian tagine for main course and mediterranean tea. Food was good and service was also good but the ambiance or the service or the food didn't justify the high pricing. I noticed a small fly in my tea towards the end of dinner, not sure if it was in there from the beginning or fell just before I saw it in there. Either way it was not good seeing it in there. As I was already disappointed and ready to leave, didn't mention about the fly to the waiter.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Four of us had lunch at this restaurant today. I've eaten a lot of Mediterranean-style cuisine around the world, and this ranks with some of the worst I've ever had. Bland, uninteresting, much too bready, and over-priced as well. Skip this place.