“A nice place to dine out”
Review of Los Cubanos Restaurant - CLOSED

Los Cubanos Restaurant
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was looking for a nice place to dine out for lunch and found it at Los Cubanos. A nice place to have a relaxing lunch with friends. You can talk across the table with your friends and enjoy very good Cuban food. It was my first time eating Cuban food so I found it on the bland side for my taste. But it is very good comfort food. The service was good, they gave you time to look over the menu and to enjoy the food. Good price for of the big portions of food you get. Try it you will like it.

1  Thank mrtoken

Reviewed July 28, 2013

It's tough to find detailed Cuban food varieties when traveling out of Miami, but there are small Cuban family owned restaurants that prepare common Cuban staples very well. "Los Cubanos" prepares quality staple Cuban food that deserves two thumbs up. Taking our mid-day order of Cuban and "pan con bistec" steak sandwich and corn tamales with pork chunks and yucca was the most adorable little old lady. She has been working for the family for many years. She and the rest of the staff were very friendly.
I had tamal with pork chunks that were so tender that a fork was enough to tear into the meat. Although both sandwiches were made with French bread, they did a great job substituting the Cuban bread that must be difficult if not impossible to find in San Jose. The steak sandwich was easy to bite into and chew. My daughter even found "Materva" a mate tea canned soda that is a drink staple in any Cuban restaurant or grocery store in Miami. The flan and Cuban coffee for dessert made it worthwhile to find this little Cuban oasis in San Jose.
As we left, the restaurant was full to capacity inside and outdoor eating was beginning to fill. I strongly recommend this Cuban restaurant for the quality of its food, service and pricing. BTW Miamians, this is the place to go to when in San Jose and need your Cuban fix.
ENJOY

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Holy Moly great food! I've always had a interest in trying authentic Cuban food and now that I have, I will be seeking out more. We brought along our Exchange Student from Macedonia. She was completely impressed as were we all with the service, quality, atmosphere and TASTE of the food. If in San Jose, you MUST go here. They make one mean Mojito as well!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to this cozy restaurant on a Friday night at about 7:30 with some good friends who live in San Jose. One of them is Cuban and knows the owners well. We did not have a reservation and there were five of us, but they found a spot for us, even though the place was already crowded and they were expecting a huge table of about 35+ people. Because of this, I suggest that you either go early or make a reservation in advance.

The owners and wait staff were all very friendly and accommodating and the service was good. No complaints there, especially since it was so busy.

I ordered Arroz Con Camarones (shrimp with rice) and it came in a very tasty, paella-like sauce with tender shrimp and little peas. It was very good, as was the chicken and vegetable soup that came as part of the meal.

Our Cuban friend had Ropa Vieja and she said it was outstanding and something she orders frequently when she eats there. It looked and smelled wonderful with nice pieces of beef and vegetable in a nice sauce.

My husband and one of the other diners ordered Lechon Asado with pieces of pork, crispy on the outside, and served with white rice and some fantastic black beans. I sampled the beans and they were about the best I have ever had. My friend had a chicken dish that she said was very tasty. All of the entrées came with delicious fried Plantains. The portions were large and we had to bring home the leftovers.

We will definitely go back to Los Cubanos at some time in the future when we are in the area. I would like to try some of their other specialties.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

One of our clients is frm Miami area and regularly eats Cuban food - hence we tried Los Cubanos. Real cuban food and reasonably priced. Very interesting menu - something different from the typical lunch.