“Delicious, but pricey”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W San Fernando Street
Transit: VTA Light Rail: San Antonio station VTA Buses: First & Paseo de San Antonio station Public transit stops are located on 1st street; our main entrance is located on S. Market street. Walk from 1st street to S. Market street using the Paseo de San Antonio Walk.
“Delicious, but pricey”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've eaten and stayed at the Fairmont many times. The food is outstanding, but wow, the price! For my brunch, I love quality, but this is a little over the top.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank tfpdunn

San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service Mothers Day 2010 tip charged 22%”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

The food was really good but the service was terrible. The waitresses stood near the back wall and avoided eye contact. We had to ask for refills on coffee and juice and they returned at a snails pace. They were not busy so I have no idea why they did not move off of the back wall. They spoke very little to us and would nod and a point to the coffee pot. Asking for orange juice and champagne was a burden and a hassel to get. It may have been a language barrier but we did not get a thank you, happy mothers day or have a nice day. The brunch cost $58 per person plus tip of 22% plus tax. Too expensive for bad service. It seemed they knew they were getting a great automatic tip and did not even try to give any service.

1 Thank Hawaii_if_u_please
Eureka, California
“Completely overpriced. Unprofessional”
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed last month at the hotel. I am from Northern California. i booked my room and with the presidents club made a TEA reservation.
I get to the hotel and there is a reservation problem. The Pres club man tells me it will be 1/2 hour before I can sit down for tea.
When I sat down I read that the tea with champagne was fourty nine dollars. It was supposed ot have a glass of LAURENT Perrier. I ordered it and was brought a champagne flute of a rose colored champagne. I walked up to the bar and sure enough a bottle of Rose Chandon, or as I like to call the supermarket 8.00 special. Not exactly the Laurent. As I sat back down I heard the bartender talking about how she was not aware the difference. I think she must have been filling in. (cough)
The tea itself had only 4 tiny sandwiches, which in the weekly teas I have been to are usually plentiful, and gorgeous. The Fairmont's tea had four tiny sandwich's served on what looked like ROSS Dress for less dishes, all different. Which if you like one, hope you enjoyed the one bite. Then came a bunch of sweets. I am not a huge sweet person but they were okay. Except the little tarts. They looked and tasted heavily refrigerated.

After the tea, I was starving. The presidents club rep asked how I enjoyed the tea and I told him my thoughts and he then told me that the kitchen was not prepared and he was sorry. Which he could have told me prior. So I wasted over $50 on a half assed lunch. Pathetic and unprofessional.

2 Thank Lindentyler
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good stuff...if you'r willing to burn a hole in your wallet. This should be saved for spluge day”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best in the bay area... worth the price for a special occasion. Make sure to leave room for the tiramisu.”
Reviewed July 28, 2008