“Sunday Brunch Experience”

8:00 PM
Ranked #7 of 2,701 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized in fire-roasting high-quality meats since 1979 utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats, that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors, including the house specialty picanha sirloin, filet mignon, ribeye, and lamb chops to name a few. Additionally, Fogo offers a gourmet Market Table & Feijoada Bar, which includes seasonal salads, soup, fresh vegetables, feijoada (traditional black bean stew with rice, fresh orange and yuca flour), and much more.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Recently had brunch at the Santa Row location and I must say that i was not satisfied with my Churrasco experience. I have been to so Many Fogo de Chao locations including New York, San Francisco, Miami, Austin, Washington DC, Portland and Beverly Hills and Te San Jose Santana Row did not meet my expectations. I booked through open table.

When we were seated we waited more than 10 minutes for someone to come greet us and ask us for our beverage order. Then it took more than 10 minutes to get our beverage because they said they could not locate the bar tender keep in mind all i had ordered was a ginger ale with no ice.

We had a pleasant time while the meat was coming and plenty of it of course however we ordered a refill for our beverages and they never came around with it until the very end.

When we asked for the bill it took more than 10 minutes after asking for us to receive the bill.

The service was very delayed and by the time we left the restaurant was no busy so I would not understand what kept taking so long.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank JCTRAVELMAN
Write a reviewReviews (354)

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We ate here for my husbands birthday and it was great. In case you don’t know how it works, it’s all you can eat meat, it’s a Brazilian steak house. They come around to your table with an assortment of different cuts of meat and place it on your plate. They also have a salad and soup bar, all you can eat. I’m from California and it was $44 for 9 meats of $64 for all 16 meats. (Pork, steak, chicken, sausage and ribs). They also bring potatoes and cheese bread to the table.
What was above and beyond my expectations was the service. The manager came to our table at the end of our meal to ask how it was; my husband simply said “can we see a dessert menu? We weren’t offered one.” The manager apologized, and gave us two free desserts. And explained she wanted our first time to be memorable. That it was. We will be going back. Great food, great service, and great time. Make sure you make reservations, we went on a weekend and it was extremely busy.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

This was a disappointing experience from start to finish. I made a reservation to avoid waiting for an extended period of time, we arrived exactly at the time of the reservation and ended up being sat after parties that arrived after us. My girlfriend doesn’t eat meat, so she ordered a seafood entree from the menu, her food took over an hour and us asking several staff members multiple times for its status, to get it out to the table. And after all of that she said the salmon was “OK at best, I’m only eating it because I’m starving.” I on the other hand am about as carnivorous as they come; several of the meat selections were pretty dry or over cooked. Based on this visit I can’t say that I could recommend fogo especially for the price they command. For the money spent I expect much better service and a better quality of food.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent service. Thank you for the special dessert to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 4, 2019

Came here on my birthday, wow, just wow. Perfect place! So much meat!! I got so full but I just couldn't stop eating! They gave me a complimentary dessert as well, everything was just so fresh and delicious.

Date of visit: April 2019