“Meat lovers paradise”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,484 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

I've been to other churrasquerias and this by far is the best one. They don't hold back on the better meats.

I was blown away by the fact that they even ask you how you want your meat cooked. They will also ask if there's a specific meat that they can cook freshly just for you.

Very attentive and informative staff. The meats are extremely fresh and so is their salad bar.

2  Thank Unknown558

Reviewed January 4, 2015

went here the first time last night. It looks a little upscale and some people were dressy. Service was good, servers very nice and it was entertaining to choose slices of meat to be carved off at one's request. However, I was slightly disappointed that the meats were fairly plainly seasoned, but then may be that is what the real " carnivores" love? If you ask for medium well slices, the meat can be a little dry. Their salad bar was quite good and I enjoyed their cheesey popovers(?) a lot. Went with a group of 10 and tried all the desserts excluding the tres leches cake, And they were fine, nothing spectacular tasting but good-looking. Preferred the key lime pie and flan the most.

Worth trying again since once isn't a fair judgement.

1  Thank Dora W
Reviewed January 2, 2015

For the meat lovers in our group, they were definitely in meat heaven, digging into slices of turf: filet mignon, top sirloin, pork ribs, and lamb. The meal came with cheese bread, carmelized bananas, polenta and garlic mashed potatoes. Although the turf and salted sides were more seasoned and savory than we are used to, we would complement them with the gourmet salad and sides bar that included fresh vegetables, cured meats and cheeses. Our youngest member of group loved the smoked salmon.

To finish up the night, since the salad bar did not have fresh fruit, we ordered the following desserts: their signature papaya cream and this carmelized pineapple wheel that came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. They hit the spot, not too sweet.

2  Thank jpanda168
Reviewed December 26, 2014

We made a reservation for this fine, expensive, dining but it's all worth it. Good meat. Servers will offer different selection of meat on your table. And every meat is cooked perfectly. Mixed Drinks are perfect with your meal. A little pricey but all worth the experience.

2  Thank mevenzabat
Reviewed December 22, 2014

I have been to Fogo de Chao in Philadelphia four times, but since I live in California I don't get there as much as I like. I eagerly anticipated the opening of their franchise in San Jose. Perhaps it was because they were new and still getting the system down to perfection, but the two places do not compare. Certain cuts of meat were constantly brought to my table that were not my favorites, and upon request, my favorite cuts still did not appear. The restaurant in Philly is spacious and you do not feel confined, whereas the new one in San Jose is definitely packed much tighter together. Service in Philly is off the charts, the staff I encountered in San Jose seemed apprehensive. I asked for the beef ribs up front and when I did get it, they were well done, almost charred. Since I like rare to medium rare, the enjoyment factor was not there. Most people who come here will have a great time, but since I had a basis for comparison, I chose to give them only three stars. However, I will give this spot another chance since they were relatively new. Plus, they are a bit closer than Philadelphia.

2  Thank OldCoach