“Always a great experience!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,484 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed December 18, 2014

If you have eaten at one of these chain restaurants, you will learn that is yes, it is expensive yet worth your while. Expect top of the line meats, vegetables, wine/spirit selections, etc. The staff is always welcoming and professional, and best yet, they speak Portuguese! If you've traveled throughout Brasil and visited similar steak houses (i.e., churrascarias), you'll find that this steak house chain can honestly compete with those of the mother land. We absolutely loved it and will return to any of their chain restaurants.

1  Thank LatinaGlobeTrotter

Reviewed December 18, 2014

As the title indicates, you really have to be a meat lover to enjoy this place. Fortunately, I am! This is a Brazilian Steakhouse, where, as I'm sure you've read, involves servers bringing around a giant selection of meat for you to eat as much of as you wish. All the meat that I requested was cooked to a perfect medium rare. Others, who liked their meat more medium, received just that, medium done meat. The service was awesome. The drinks were delicious. The price, ... um, a little pricey. But it is all you can eat. It's not their fault I don't have the appetite of a lioness. I did try the salad bar as well, and it was very robust. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. I wouldn't consider it very romantic since there are constantly servers over your shoulder serving you their meat. LOL

2  Thank DNSarg
Reviewed December 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a birthday dinner here in November. We were so impressed we booked a company party here in December . Manuel Santillan the asst manager made each table feel special, even though the place was packed. Unbelievable service

3  Thank john v
Reviewed November 13, 2014

The concept of Fogo de Chao is kind of neat, if a little terrifying ("I am about to force-fed a tonne of meat").

The salad bar with which you start has a broad selection, and it is tempting to eat too much from here. Amusing irony is the supply of bacon offered at the salad bar, leading you into what Fogo de Chao are really all about.

The meat dishes come thick and fast, and they will only stop when each beermat is turned to red ("STOP!!!"). The pleasing thing is that each cut of meat they offer is small enough that you can get through most of their menu without over-doing it. And the meat is cooked wonderfully well.

Unfortunately, I like my food and the gap between salad and meat just made the dining experience a bit disjointed. I'm not saying I didn't like it, I just wouldn't go back. And eating nothing but meat for 30mins can be hard-going.

Great for the experience, probably leave it at that.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed November 6, 2014

If you are a meat lover you will love this place. I have been several times and would return again. The salad bar looks pretty amazing as well, but I prefer not get too much of it leaving plenty of room for the meet. They will serve you meat until you ask them to stop, so go on a day when you have agreat appetite.

1  Thank Philippe B