“Good Atmosphere, better food”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #31 of 2,205 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opened in 1997 our fourth Northern California restaurant and sixth overall, this stunning restaurant features all the traditional hallmarks of a classic Fish Market restaurant: a full-service oyster bar, comfortable cocktail bar and lounge area, sushi bar, expansive retail market, spacious dining areas, exhibition mesquite broilers, and a private dining room for large parties. Call for reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I made it to this place twice while I was visiting the San Jose area. I could tell right when I walked into the place on a Tuesday evening that this was going to be a good choice. The place was packed and there was a 25 minute wait. I decided to sit at the bar and dine since I was by myself. Both times I ended up getting the Sea of Cortez shrimp with linguine. If you like garlic, this is the dish for you.

The staff was quite nice and attentive. The bathroom was clean. What else is there to know

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We go here at least monthly. Friendly staff make you feel at home. Have never been disappointed in their food. Priced right and dependable quality.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went here really hungry.
We started with an order of 12 oysters, and i loved these oysters.
Then we had fish tacos because the server suggested we should get them.
He was right.
They were some of the best fish tacos I've ever had!

The best part about this place was the service, and our server was fantastic.
Definitely check this place out!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Fish market has a long list of fresh seafood choices (so long it is difficult to choose!). I chose the au gratin potatoes and roast vegetables as sides. Both were very good. I had the sea bass which was perfectly cooked. Service was attentive and accommodating. Entrees seemed somewhat expensive, but may be the norm for the area.

I was in San Jose suburbs on business and did not have time to go downtown - local colleagues recommended The Fish Market highly.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Tuna was fresh and tasty, but a little pricey for portion. Entrees come with two sides, however some entrees don't qualify--a little confusing. Service was excellent. Dining area was noisy.