“A famous spot in San Jose”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #23 of 2,223 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opened in 1997 our fourth Northern California restaurant and sixth overall, this stunning restaurant features all the traditional hallmarks of a classic Fish Market restaurant: a full-service oyster bar, comfortable cocktail bar and lounge area, sushi bar, expansive retail market, spacious dining areas, exhibition mesquite broilers, and a private dining room for large parties. Call for reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Fish Market is a "must" spot in San Jose, It is a place with a long tradition dating back to the times when silicon valley was fish market valley.
I highly recommend the Mahi Mahi and the shrimp starters!

Tip: try to book as soon as possible, especially during weekends!

1  Thank traveler3149

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We went to this restaurant 3 times in one week (on vacation/business) and it was delicious. We sat up to the Oyster Bar and were treated like royalty. Alejandro made us "special" dishes with a lot of great suggestions. Just tell him what you like and he will make it for you. Don't ge discouraged if the parking lot is full, it's a nice big restaurant but do sit up to the Oyster Bar and hopefully he will be working. Oh, and if you like Oysters Rockafeller they are really great.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The food is fresh, the service at the oyster bar is next to none! We are weekly visitors and have a regular following. Baldo (roberto), the chef at the oyster bar is a hoot! We feel like family! Our "cheers"

Reviewed October 24, 2010

I've been to the Fish Market three times, and this last visit convinced me to go back. The first two times, it was not my choice because I was part of a larger group and I ate at the Palo location. The first two times, I had the grilled fish which didn't have much taste and was a bit on the over cooked side. I gave them the benefit of the doubt because the restaurant was on the crowded side those nights. On the third trip, I had an out of town visitor craving seafood. Well, where do you go for Seafood in San Jose? It's not a city exactly known for seafood.

When we showed up, we were seated next to a very large and boisterous table of guests. They were so loud, I could not hear my friend sitting right across from me. Well, the waitress was nice enough to move us to a less noisy part of the restaurant. My wife couldnt decide what to have and the waitress offered to let her try a side dish and return it if we didn't like it. the food was great this time and we were suprised to see how low the bill came out to be. Service, food, and price were all great on our night in the San Jose location.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 26, 2008

fresh fish and seafood...loved the garlic shrimp appetizer,yummmy.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to The Fish Market? Share your experiences!