“Serious bakery next to the Fairmont”

Bijan Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 54 Bakeries in San Jose
Reviewed February 7, 2017

Enjoyed the tarts, pie and a few muffins. We came here for snacks and dessert while we were at a Fairmont conference. The display cases are an impressive mix of baked goods. Thumbs up for the apple pie, fruit tart, croissants and muffins. The aisle is a little narrow, otherwise all's good!

Reviewed February 6, 2017

I chose this bakery/cafe for a quick lunch for a group of us going to see Kinky Boots at the SJCPA. We arrived at 11:30 a.m. and although it was crowded, the line moved fast and the service was swift and efficient. The bakery is enticing from the outside and is located across from the Fairmont and attached to McCormick and Schmick's. My shrimp salad sandwich on a sourdough roll was perfect and I have been looking for a good shrimp sandwich for a long time! My friends meals with turkey and avocado sandwich, chicken salad, and Greek salads were all equally pleasing. The tiramisu and apricot pastries for dessert were over the top. We were able to find a table for 5 and the crowd did not feel burdensome. I plan to return!

Reviewed January 17, 2017

We popped over here after visiting The Tech for a late lunch so there was no waiting for our sandwiches, which were original and tasty. We couldn't resist taking cookies to go for a dinner we had that night! Nice atmosphere, staff a little tired though.

Reviewed December 14, 2016

We went to the wine bar side of Bijan in San Jose. This area is across from the bakery side. We had drinks. I had a muscato wine. My husband had a beer.

We enjoyed their Mediterranean appetizer. Its olives, cheese, grapes, dolmas, nuts, dried cranberries.

We had it as a nice "nosh" style lunch.

There were nice Merry Christmas Decorations.

Reviewed December 6, 2016

This is a great little bakery/lunch place conveniently located. Service was good - you order at the counter - and the items were always fresh and tasty.