“Join the locals for lunch”
Review of Bill's Cafe

Bill's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2,169 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Join the locals for lunch”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

While running errands in San Jose, we realized it was 1 pm,
time for lunch, but we were visitors driving from Alviso to San Jose.
There are lots of little cafes along the road, but we saw Bill's Cafe,
and there were still cars and folks sitting at outside table.

It was a great choice. They have a soup and salad special every day for lunch.
The big bowl of soup was fresh and very tasty. The large salad was also special, with
fruit and nuts. And it was a great value, quite reasonably priced.

We'll be going back to Bill's next time we visit family
in the Bay Area.

• Visited June 2014

Riverside County
“Good Food and Prices to Match”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a local hangout and very popular for breakfast on the weekends. I was taken there for Father''s Day. We got there a little after 7:30 am and were seated within a few minutes. By the time we left at 9 or so, there were at least 100 people outside waiting.

The service was very good and our server was friendly and attentive.

The breakfast food is very good. We had a variety of dishes. The breakfast menu is very large. I had the meat lover's omelet and it had plenty of meat and cheese in it and it was large. I had country potatoes on the side and they were very good. It was better than the quality that you would get at Denny's but much more food.

I don't live in the area, but if I did I would visit it on a regular basis. It is definitely worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lance2002
San Jose, California
“Favorite brunch spot!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Bill's is a San Jose tradition. There are 3 locations (if I'm not mistaken) and all of them have very long lines each weekend. You can call ahead to reserve your place in line and as long as you get to the restaurant within the wait time, you should have no problems being seated soon. The mimosas are huge and delicious. The portions are huge and service is very quick. Try one of the benedicts or skillets.

• Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
“A local hangout”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

The place always has long lines on the weekends. I think this is a local favorite. But from food perspective, just ok. I prefer other cafés in the downtown area.

San Jose, CA
“Great Breakfast and Brunch”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I tried the newly opened Bill's Café on Kooser after previously eaten at the Bill's Cafe in Willow Glen. We had Easter brunch there. We called 45 minutes ahead and had no trouble being seated right away. The menu and the food is the same at all their locations. My wife had the portobello mushroom benedict and I had the eggs benedict. Both of our meals were excellent. I highly recommend this place. The food and service here is great.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Bill's Cafe? Share your experiences!