WINNER WONDERLAND

“My go to breakfast/brunch place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bill's Cafe

Bill's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2,110 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Jose, California
“My go to breakfast/brunch place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

When it comes to breakfast and brunch you just simply can't beat Bill's Cafe.

My GF and I have been coming here regularly for over 3 years now, and out of all the places we have tried, we love this one the best. It has gotten to the point that we stopped even looking for alternatives, and thats saying a lot because we're both foodies and love trying new places.

The crabs benedict here is one of the best i've ever tasted and is what I order almost everytime. Unless I come here more than 3x in the same week, in which case im probably tired of it. We also usually get an order of the banana pudding french toast to split. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. But too rich to eat more than 1 bar of (you get 3)

Their coffee is excellent, and there is complimentary tea and coffee while you're waiting (if you come on a sat/sun between 10-1 expect to wait at least 30minutes) This is also one of the few places I actually really enjoy "diner" coffee. Not sure what they brew, but its tasty! Also, their mimosas are fabulous and last of all,

THE SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING!!! I really feel like im going to eat at my at and uncles house when I come here. It is that inviting. This is probably my most recommended spot to eat breakfast/brunch at in San Jose.

• Visited January 2013

Santa Clara
“Okay Experience Not Great But Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Took the kids to Bills this past weekend and while to food was good, it did not leave us with an impression we need to go back. At least not to wait 30-45 min for a seat.
We’ve eaten at some of the best reviewed local breakfast joints so to get a rating above 3 something needs to stand out. In Bill’s Case, nothing stood out.
Located in Willow Glen was a plus, close to home, the wait will exceed 30 min guaranteed. We waited for 35 minutes. Daughter had the Texas Sized French Toast and it was good. Cooked well and came out quickly from the back. She did like the lemonade.
I had a Spinach Omelet with Hash Browns, and again it was good, not great or outstanding but just good. Staff was pleasant.
It was noisy and a bit cramped but that’s what I think makes Bill’s what it is.
Everyone around us seemed to have a mimosa or bloody mary and having a good time so I can’t complain. For us, it was again just okay better than average but more like 3.5 stars.

If you are looking for good food, good service Bill’s will do you right.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“More Then Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Trip Advisor reviewers were right on with the descriptions of large portions, quality of food, large selection of items no matter what your appetite. Staff was helpful and friendly, the service fantastic.
When in San Jose again will definitely return. If there is a long wait for two people then try the counter where the action is. Some of the best bacon we have ever tasted! The Buckwheat pancakes were BIG and delicious and two cakes were plenty to share if there is another entree.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Breakfast is good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Bill's is a great place to have breakfast...haven't had lunch here so can't comment on that meal. Lots and lots of choices and the food is good. We often see long lines outside most of the Bills around our area, especially during the morning hours and on weekends.

Visited September 2012
“food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I didn't mind the wait. I just prefer smaller portions. I do not like to order food for three meals on one plate. I do not like to take left overs home. I would like to order a half order of any item on the menu. It isn't the price. I would pay the same for a smaller amt. on my plate.

Been to Bill's Cafe? Share your experiences!