“very good food, friendly staff”
Review of Teske's Germania

Teske's Germania
Reserve with OpenTable
Teske's Germania is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,205 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: German, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Devine Street
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Last lunch in SJO before moving on and I have to say Teske's Geramania was a fitting end to my food adventure. The Jaegersnitzel was very good with a well proportioned pork cutlet, mushroom gravy and homemade Spaetzel. The staff was friendly and courteous, and the pricing was reasonable. This was pretty darn close to the great German classic, I would recommend stopping here

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had six people in out party for dinner on a Wednesday night. We were greeted quickly and opted to sit outside on the patio. Our waitress was courteous and attentive (and had a great sense of humor!). We had the jalapeño cheese pretzels for one of our appetizers. They were hot from the oven and very good especially when dipped in their hot mustard. Our second appetizer was the Reuben slider, a fresh Reuben sandwich with puff pastry as the "bread". These were delicious as well. The main courses were all very good. The German sauerkraut was outstanding as was the German potato salad. And for dessert, the apple strudel was some of the best I've ever had! This restaurant should be on your list of places to visit in San Jose if you like German food.

1  Thank Jeffster123
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Completely loved the experience...stag's heads in the dining hall and long tables...just like the true German experience from the old country. Reminds me of my childhood visits to the grandparents in Berlin.
The schnitzel ( yes, I had the veal) and braised red cabbage with apples were sublime.
Tender and delicious .
Fun time in the bar too. Dark and moody.A real taste of home.There was even ump-pah music.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Been going to Teskes since the early 1980's and always had a great experience there. My favorite is the menu the jagerschnizel! The beer garden in like being in Germany. A first class time!

1  Thank Dave J
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service was excellent and the atmosphere, outside in the biergarten, was very nice, but the food was hit or miss. The sausage sampler appetizer was delicious, but the goulash meat was a bit grisly and buffalo meatloaf could've use more spices. The apple strudel was a bit over baked, but still yummy. I'll go back again and try some other dishes.