“Good German food.”
Review of Teske's Germania

Teske's Germania
Reserve with OpenTable
Teske's Germania is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,173 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: German, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Devine Street
Lake Elsinore, California
“Good German food.”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Good German food. Had Yeager schnitzel and spaztle.

Henderson, Nevada
“Very good German food but Great Octoberfest beer all year round!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

When in San Jose take the time to find Teske's for a Man size German beer and some bratz! This place situated in downtown San Jose isn't much to look at from the outside but inside it's great. A true family run German tavern! Try their pretzels, sausage appetizer, pork shoulder plate or pepper steak. All are excellent! If you're lucky to be in town during October they go all our with the German band to boot! I would recommend this place to friends and family for sure!

San Jose, California
“Great beer, good food, surly bartender.”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I've been going to Teske's for 25 years or more and have always enjoyed it. It's the only place I know to get many German beers on tap.
However, I recently went there for lunch and had a very unpleasant experience. The male bartender (who claimed to be the owner) was inattentive, and down right rude.
The woman bartender who has served me before is great.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Nick1234533020
California
“Authentic German cooking”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I was raised on German cooking and Teske's is the real deal. We have been to Teske's twice, on two separate trips to San Jose, and enjoyed the experience immensely both times. The food is authentic and well-prepared and the service is quite good. Our server had a very pleasant sense of humor. For the amount of food you receive, salad, soup, main course and dessert, the value is excellent. We also tried a special appetizer, Goulash fries. They were delicious! The menu has an outstanding variety of choices and I had a difficult time making a selection.

I had to laugh at the review that children were not really welcome at Teske's. Didn't the entrance where you walk through a bar give you a clue that this restaurant may not be the best for kids? However, I imagine they would be quite kind to anyone's well-mannered children and I'm happy they say something to parents when their kids are acting up or they get a complaint from another customer. What is acceptable behavior to parents often is not acceptable to others.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank CACDJ
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Teskes”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We have been to Teske's for many years. Usually going once or twice a year. Love the pork shank. However, the last time we went, will be our last. It was the worst dining experince I have had in decades. From the time we went in and were ignored by the bartender until two hours later and we just received our water. And it was not busy. The bartender was bsing with a customer and just didn't want to server until he was done with his bs. It was terible. I asked for the pork shank. Not available. Ok I will order the Veal Shank. 20 minutes later the water says they are out of the veal shank. There special on a Saturday night at 6:30 in the evening they are out of it. I had it. Well we did get an apology from the hostess. We never seen any management. I guess they do not care how the customers are treated. I would have thought they would have cared. We asked for the check for our drinks. Paid it and left. Agian I would never go back. I give this a rating of 0.

-Mark