“Trendy and hip”
Review of Dry Creek Grill

Dry Creek Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Creek Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 2,184 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Trendy and hip”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. The crab cake appetizer was delicious. I ordred the prime rib parpadelle pasta which was good, but the meat was a little tough. We didn't have a reservation and were seated near the bar area. We didn't have any rowdy neighbors near us but in the future we'll make a reservation so we can be seated at a booth instead. They had live music the night we were there (a Thursday night). The restaurant had a very hip and trendy vibe, but classy at the same time.

• Visited February 2013

San Jose, California
“Good Neighborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We took my son and daughter-in-law as they had never been there. They loved the interior and thought it had a nice cozy atmosphere. The waiter was very attentive to our needs and took care of us pronto. Once we had ordered, my son was watching the TV and commented that this was a nice place to relax. All of our food came at the same time except for my son's. The waiter brought him an appetizer while he waited for his food and because it took a long time to come, the waiter waived his entree dinner cost which we were not expecting but thought it was a generous gesture on his part. The manager even came by to apologize. All in all, it was a nice experience for all of us and I'm sure my son and his wife will be back.

• Visited January 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“In a word "FABULOUS"”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place absolutely deserves five stars! Tons of thought went into designing this place. The atmosphere is really classy with the perfect amount of lighting and a great social bar. The food is reasonably priced with large portions and absolutely mouthwatering! The service is good and the wine pours were nice and big. We sat at the bar and had the Ahi tuna sandwich and the house salad. My neighbors had a steak, one of the best I've ever seen. This is one of those places you've been looking for but could never find. Enjoy!!

• Visited February 2013
San Jose, California
“Great Willow Glen Steakhouse”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Willow Glen gets a great steakhouse ! I recently held my office Christmas party at Dry Creek after having been introduced to, and dined there a month after its opening in the summer of 2012, The inside atmosphere is very nice and comfy, and very roomy. They have a large bar/lounge area as well as a roomy ground floor restaurant area. My understanding is that there will also be an upstairs banquet room soon.
The restaurant is very unassuming form the outside, located in the Ballys/Safeway shopping center, but is cozy and tastefully designed inside. The service is quick and attentive, and the waiter made great recommendations. The baked oyster appetizer is excellent, as well as the crabcakes and deviled eggs. The server/cook was very accommodating when we asked for just the fried calamari instead of a calamari salad.
The selections for Dinner are varied, and the steaks are premium beef. They also have gourmet burgers and barbecue selections. I sampled the meatloaf, filet, and porterhouse steak, and all were excellent. Wine selection was good and reasonably priced.
The bar area is large and very conducive to socializing. The bartenders are very friendly and knowledgeable and they have a specialty cocktail menu that is very tasty and interesting.
Overall, even though it is not located in downtown, this is a great addition to the Willow Glen dining scene, and seems likely to be a popular restaurant and hangout.

• Visited December 2012
Riverside
“Food & Fun”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent Food, very crowded, good music and excellent service. I look forward to my next visit. This restaurant is a neighborhood gem.

• Visited January 2013