“sunday brunch that lasts all day and night”

Holder's Country Inn
Ranked #78 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed May 18, 2014

went here for sunday brunch. a place that when they say 10 minute wait for a table, has you seated by 10 minutes. they know their product. busy, fresh, reasonably priced, huge servings.

i had the huevos rancheros, and they were wonderful and a little unique. my friend had an omlette (which came with pancakes), also wonderful.

highly recomended.

There are newer reviews for Holder's Country Inn

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Holder's Country Inn has pretty good breakfasts. Quantities are large (maybe too much?), prices are reasonable, food is good, and service is quick. I have not been as impressed with their lunch food quality.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We used to live in San Jose near this restaurant so while visiting recently we decided to go there for a late lunch-early dinner. The prices have jumped since we ate there last. Being seniors, we usually split a meal which we should have done this time. We opted for the hot turkey sandwich which included a large salad, wonderful dressing, very large portion of fresh turkey on toasted french bread, mashed potatoes with gravy and a huge portion of a variety of vegetables. The portions were so large we brought part of it home for another meal. The service and food were wonderful. We definitely would go back again. It is as consistent as it was 15 plus years ago.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Plenty of staff to help and service ok.my trout fillet was unusual and well cooked and presented.
Went there with a friend who lived nearby and used it when friends called.
Usual diner layout and a locally owned family restaurant for some years.
As has been said - a step above. Denny's.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My girl friends and I were hungry and one suggested Holder's Counrty Inn on Monterey Road. When I asked what that was both ladies gasped. You don't know the COuntry INn. I had to confess i did not. So we went there and I was so surprised how great the experience was. First the service is amazing. My decaf coffee never became empty and they even had a senior special menu with a huge salad, choice of entree, dessert and beverage for $12.99. My herb crusted sole was perfectly prepared with a lovely crunchy exterior and lovely moist fish fillet which was easily 9 inches long. The salad was enormous and had a lot of different components to it. IT was a full dinner plate size salad. I splurged and had a dessert, tapioca pudding, which was sprinkled with cinnamon on top and then a huge dollop of whipped cream on top. Everything was sparkling clean, tidy, and the service was friendly and attentive. I will definitely return there with my dear friend form New Zealand who thinks that the chain of Village Inn has the corner on the market on yummy food in a friendly atmosphere. I think this place even has them beat.