“Great Roast Beef Ravioli”
Review of Frankie Johnnie & Luigi Too - CLOSED

Frankie Johnnie & Luigi Too
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The menu offers standard Italian selections, but don't miss the roast beef raviolis they offer during the holidays.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have be coming to this restaurant for years... good and basic Italian food but not great....
On our last visit, we had a short wait before being seated.
Water glasses were brought to the table and we then placed our orders.
We waited for about 10 minutes before the "fresh baked rolls and herb butter" was delivered to our table.
We ordered the Chicken and Sausage Cacciatore. The dish had good taste but the pasta was not al dente. The pieces of chicken tended to be overcooked and a little too dry for my palate... the cooked chicken in this dish has been consistent over the years, almost always a little too dry. The entree came with a salad or soup.
Our waitress was attentive and generally efficient, but she forgot about my drink order.... When our entrees arrived, I cancelled that part of the order.
Over the years, we have had several different types of pizzas, the Eggplant Parmigiana, Fettuccine Prawns Portofino, Linguini with Clams and Mussels, the Cappellini Pomodori with Shrimp, Lamb Osso Buco, Veal Scaloppini Marsala and the Veal Parmigiana. All have been good and basic.... but never outstanding.
For us, the main draw is the convenience.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A couple of times a year, a group of us who have worked together during the last 20 or so years, and most of us now retired, get together and visit during lunch. We have enjoyed this restaurant for our gatherings several times, and it never disappoints. The orders have ranged from great salads, sandwiches, pizza, and pasta entrees, and everyone is always pleased. The service is professional, friendly and efficient. In addition, the menu is reasonably priced, including the wines and other beverages. We always have a nice time visiting, and they never hurry us. We will be returning on other occasions with pleasure because of all of this.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family loves Frankie Johnnie and Luigi too! It is perfect for families. Good (not great) food at reasonable prices. The daily specials especially the chicken on Wednesday night are good value but nothing is too expensive. The pizza looks great when I see it and I know they toss their own dough but I've not tried it. The Wednesday night chicken is plump and juicy with great flavor. You get a half of chicken with soup or salad, spaghetti with their own marinara sauce and fresh, warm, rolls. All for $15.95. One night our chicken was quite small and overcooked but we mentioned it to the manager and it was promptly taken away and a new big, juicy, perfectly cooked one was brought to the table. We have never made it through the dinner so it always makes for at least 1 - 2 meals more at home. Every pasta dish I've had was very tasty. I had the lamb shank once and it was moist and falling off the bone delicious. Remember, this is not haute cuisine but just good basic Italian food. But everyone there is having a good time and it's family friendly.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

FJL's main advantage is staying open late. It's recommend for this. It's fine, hearty Italian food. I need to stay away 8^) !