“Get the carne”

Cuisines: Mexican
Danville, California
“Get the carne”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I met a friend here who lives in the neighborhood. It is in a strip mall beside a dry cleaner. There is parking out front, however, there was a long line of people waiting so the parking was tight. I had a meat taco (only one as I was not hungry) and a Super Margarita (the "jumbo" size). Both were excellent! the meat was expertly cooked and not soupy. My friend who frequents here got a Super Margarita and the meat burrito - her favorite - and every bite was gobbled up. They have combo meals with rice and beans - but we did not try them. They serve chips and salsa. Salsa was hot - but not too hot. We stayed a while even though we did not eat much and they did not rush us out. I will definately return here when I am in the area. It is worth the wait.

• Visited December 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Go! Go! Go!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recommend this place. Don't expect complex ingredients or preparation. Don't demand fawning service. Go and eat, go and relax, go and enjoy yourself. It is not complicated.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HeadedOut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average place”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We went there with my family, the food was good except the nacos (not so good). They can do better with service...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrew6464
Astoria, Oregon
“One of the restaurants I dream about.....”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

....now that we are 600 miles away. The chile rellenos are the best I will ever have, and when they still served soup...mmmmmmm.

It can be loud and you may have to wait, and I was sad to read that they don't allow you to have a glass of wine or a beer while waiting ( it made it much more painless).....it is still worth the wait.

I lived within walking distance so could go often, and would go in the afternoon, when there was hardly anyone there, no wait, awesome food, I want some NOW!!!!!! Best Mexican on the planet.

Visited September 2012
San Jose, California
“Authentic Mexicsn Cuisine”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

By far, the best Mexican food in San Jose. The chimichanga is my favorite along with an ice cold super chaveles. Careful with the margaritas-- very good but very strong.