“Great Food and Decor”

Dining options: Reservations
San Jose, California
“Great Food and Decor”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love The Old Spaghetti Factory because it has one of my favorite spaghetti dishes ever: the white clam sauce spaghetti! Their is just the right amount of sauce so it doesn't drench the noodles, but you can still taste it. The mizithra cheese, the soup (they only have one), and the broccoli are also good. The meals are a good deal, being not to pricey and coming with a free drink and a bowl of ice cream
The decor makes it look old- fashion, with with black and white pictures, dim lighting, velvety chairs and tables, etc... Inside, their is a cable car you can sit in, if there's room. Upstairs, there's an arcade, with several games, costing 25-50 cents each.
The only bad thing is that there is almost always a wait for a table, and service can take a really long time sometimes.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ezwu

• Turkish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“I Love This Place”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I grew up where there was a The Old Spaghetti Factory, but have not lived near one in a long time. While visiting my brother in California I searched for restaurants in San Jose and saw there was a TOSF, so my brother and I got very excited about it.

We went on a pretty busy Friday night and expected a wait. The receptionist told us it would be about half an hour, but we were seated in around 10 minutes. Our drink orders came out quickly, however when our food got to the table I realized that they forgot our appetizer. I told them not to worry about it since we already had our food. Our waiter apologized more than he needed to. I am sure some people get bent out of shape about things like that, but I am not one of them. People make mistakes, and that is clearly what happened. Our drink glasses stayed full, and that's a factor I care about much more than an appetizer.

The food was really good, just like I remember from years ago living near one of these places.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jpf1976
Fremont, California
1,649 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,773 helpful votes
“Fun Place for Spaghetti”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

In downtown San Jose area, this is a fun place to go for spaghetti. The dinners include drink (such as ice tea), bread, salad or soup, spaghetti (choose from several menu options) and ice cream (spumoni, vanilla). Fun restaurant with nice decor including street car seating inside the restaurant.

Service is friendly - at times slow, if there is a lot of people there. Parking is across the street at a San Jose Parking structure; the restaurant will validate so parking is free.

There are many Spaghetti Factories in various locations across the country. In spite of it being a chain restaurant, its still a fun place to go for lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2014
San Jose, California
“A Fun place!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Old Spaghetti Factory is one of our go-to places. I simply adore the Browned Butter with Mizithra combination - on just about anything. Love that they added the Broccoli with it to the menu.
Glad that they still do the complete meal with soup or salad, fresh bread (which always seems like it just came out of the oven), entree, ice cream for dessert and tea or coffee at one low price. This place is a GREAT VALUE.
Was nice to see that they have gluten-free pasta for those that require it, and a whole wheat pasta option as well.
They have the full bar as well and you can order just about anything from it.
Not really a good place for quiet dining as there always seems to be a party going on and the place is loud. It is a great place for parties and they have several separate room and can accommodate big groups.
The old Victorian "beds" as seats are charming and the trolley car is a favorite with the kids.
They do take reservations which I'd recommend on a Friday or Saturday night as this place is hopping then!

• Visited January 2014
San Jose
“Good food, Reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is good and plentiful. They have different sauces that you can order to go with your spaghetti, along with lasagna and chicken dishes. Prices are very reasonable. Funky atmosphere. One of my favorite places to celebrate a birthday, or to go to before a concert or hockey match at the Shark Tank. I recommend this place, especially if you don't want to spend a lot of money. They also have a full bar which was remodeled recently so its nice for a drink after work.

• Visited December 2013