“The best resturant for the price”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stops in front of restaurant & local taxis
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Maggiano's several times. We always eat in the bar. The atmosphere is great. The food is great. You can buy 2 meals and choose to of your liking for like $20.00 a piece. The meal includes a salad of your choice, and a desert of your choice, included in the price. My husband and I love the selections so we never seem to go to the regular menu. The lasagna is fantastic, the 4 cheese Ravioli's are great. We love the cheesecake dessert or the apple apple pie.
The company I work for has their annual luncheon at Maggiano's. The selections are very good. The waiters always helpful. One thing I have to say is go to the large bar for your drinks. You get a larger drink and pay less. The bars inside the room are much more expensive. That seems odd to me.
Other than that make reservation, they are always booked. Or wait in the bar for a seat but you may wait a long time before someone gets up.

There are newer reviews for Maggiano's Little Italy

Reviewed February 27, 2014

It is located in the Santana Row area, a very nice shopping place. During the night there is a pleasant atmosphere. The restaurant is a big place and very noisy. It suitable for large groups. The food is just fine but not exquisite. The service was rapid and efficient.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We live near Santana Row & we have 3 older kids. Maggiano's has become the default place to go for birthdays. They do real well with large groups due to the family style servings & you have 3 options to choose from. Next time you have family in town, I would suggest you take them to Maggiano's for some food & drinks. Then you can walk the row & grab some frozen yogurt & walk off your meal

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I went in at 3pm on Saturday February 15th and checked in for a table for two. We were haughtily asked if we had reservations. I don’t know how many people make reservations for two at 3pm, but no, we did not have reservations. We sat for a little while and were shown to our table. The service, while nice, was *extremely* slow. I don’t think it was the waiter’s fault. My wife and I surmised it was a shift change period and they were not adequately staffed. We were given bread and then had to wait a good five or six minutes for the olive oil. A busser brought a plate of balsamic will a nickel-sized dollop of olive oil. I’m not sure who like their dipping sauce mixed in this percentage, but we did not. We waited an additional five or so minutes for anyone else to reappear, but no one did so I went to another table to get a container of olive oil. The people on either side of us left after we had been there for about ten minutes and their dirty tables were not turned in the remaining time we were there. The salad lettuce was brown. We ordered an entrée with one to go. I asked for spaghetti with marinara for the one to go. The ravioli we got was good. I think the waiter realized we had been served slowly, although he did not mention it directly. Instead he added a fettuccini alfredo to our “to go” order. My wife and I were debating and mentioned it so it was a nice gesture. Upon leaving, my wife and I both used the restroom as we had a long drive ahead of us. I was ok. The ladies room was filthy with paper on the floor and two toilets stopped up with feminine hygiene products. My wife, upon exiting went to the hostess stand to tell them about the bathrooms. She said, “I just wanted to let you know your bathrooms are dirty, you may want to send someone in there. “ The hostess replied, “In what way?” My wife was forced to describe the not-so-pleasant sight and was greeting with a blank reply. We thought we were done, but the next day, when we opened our to-go order, I had been incorrectly given a spaghetti with meat sauce instead of marinara. We will not be returning.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Having visited Magianno's in San Jose previous and also in Vegas and Orlando I was a little disappointed by my last visit to Maggiano's San Jose. We went on a Saturday night and you definitely need to make reservations if you want to eat before 10:00pm. It didn't feel as well staffed as the other restaurants I've visited therefore the service level wasn't as good. It was pot luck as to which tables received the complimentary fresh bread. The appetizer wasn't the best as it was lacking in flavour, but the chicken and mushrooms stuffed shells entree was absolutely delicious and highly recommended - hopefully these will become a permanent addition to the Maggiano's menu.

Been to Maggiano's Little Italy? Share your experiences!