“Make a reservation if you want to eat here”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stops in front of restaurant & local taxis
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I ate at Maggiano's with friends who had been there previously. We had a reservation, which was just as well, given the huge line of walk-ins waiting for tables to become available. We were there on a Friday and it was incredibly busy at 8pm - apparently the queue for tables is a regular occurrence.

We had a very enthusiastic waiter called Randy, who walked us through the menu. Maggiano's has an interesting menu option. There's a section of the menu where you basically get two dinners for the price of one. One to eat there and one to take away. Given the large portions, we had 1.5 dinners to take away at the end of the evening. The food was delicious and arrived in good time, given the number of people eating there. We had a table by the kitchen door, which was not great, with all the traffic in and out. I think this is somewhere to go with friends or colleagues, but not for romance or peaceful dining.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was told by a co worker to eat here if I was ever out in the area. I stopped in on a Sunday night and the place was very busy, i was a single so I sat at the bar had a few drinks and took it all in. They served bread that warm sooooo fresh with a plate of olive oil and balsamic, so good !!! I ordered the veal parm, it came with a pasta, but when I saw the main course I didn't know if I could finish it all. It came with three large, lightly breaded veal pieces done perfectly. A nice, but expensive glass of wine, came to under 50 bucks with a tip. I will for sure be going back there for something else .... you should try it is as well.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a good place for group hang out. Food is average, Drink is average. Very noisy It's also a hot spot for family with kids.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I go to Maggiano's (aka: Maggies) in Santana Row (San Jose) every so often when getting together with friends. The portions are generous and the ambiance is bustling & noisy. That's good when you're with a large group - you won't get kicked out. :o) The cocktails are not the greatest, but the food is delicious. The service is what I would expect from this type of restaurant, which is more of a family-style place. Not high-end, trained professionals, but they try hard.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Marco’s Meal for Two! A 3 course meal for two, plus two Classic Pastas to take home for FREE, all for $39.95. Choose any appetizer, flatbread or two side salads, choose two Classic Pastas and Choose one fresh-made desserts What a deal!! It was enough for six meals between my wife and I. And so delicious too. The meat sauce was just like my grandmas. Our server was fantastic. You don't have to choose the same pasta dish as your take home dish. Plenty plenty plenty of food.