“Wierd mix of cuisine!”

Straits Cafe - Santana Row
Reserve with OpenTable
Straits Cafe - Santana Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a swinging hip place to hang out. Unfortunately, the food was simply average. For appetizers, the chicken and beef satay were good. But the meat stuffed bread consisted of more bread than filling. It left a lot to be desired. Butter Indian chicken was skimpy and if you didn't order rice, you got none. Husbands pad Thai had good heat but there was more tofu in it and hardly any chicken. The only dish that had more than one flavor were the filet tips sautéed with onions and Brussels sprouts. Not cheap for the uneven portions.

There are newer reviews for Straits Cafe - Santana Row

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to Straits for my sister's birthday dinner. We sat on the patio. The server was knowledgeable, gave good suggestions on food and drink. The coconut rice is yummy and I would go back for the prawns (they have a nice chili pepper, onion, red pepper mix). I found the prices reasonable even though it is on Santana Row. It is totally worth it.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been here many times and keep coming back, I started going to straits before the one in Satana Row opened (the one in Palo Alto). On Thursday evening the place turns into some kind of a disco if you are up for it. Very vibrant place.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I ordered the lemon grass beef, the Spinach salad with shrimp, and the Shrimp pad thai. First of all I got three confirmations saying that my open table reservation was made through my email. Second I noted on the reservation that I was booking for a anniversary for me and my wife. When I got to the restaurant everything went downhill. They didn't have my opentable booking which made me not get the points nor left them clueless about the anniversary dinner. Second the waiter recommended a salad that was just plain horrible. I was suprised how bad this salad was and why it was even on the menu. Nothing complemented each other. The rinds of lime were not rinds they were pieces of lime which made it very bitter and over powered the whole dish. The other dishes were great though I loved the pad thai and the lemon grass beef. I told the manager about the salad and he removed it from my bill, but I did not tell him about the open table situation. I didn't want to feel like I was complaining about every little detail. He was great and helpful and I appreciated that he did that. I have been here many times and that was the first time I did order that dish and will definitely be my last.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found it to be expensive and a little too cool for my taste; service is rushed (just like Sino) and you have to tell the server several times to take it slowly and not to push/rush you. Otherwise food is good but you can have same food in some of the ethnic restaurants around town for much less and more authentic.

1  Thank KeisariRami