“Special occasions”

La Foret Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Foret Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Almaden Valley, La Foret is a fine French dining establishment in a creekside, old country setting.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant in a beautiful setting. Very romantic, so take your sweetie. Excellent desserts!

There are newer reviews for La Foret Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for over 30 years and have always enjoyed my visits there. The food is great and the setting is charming. However during my last visit a very fine dinner was made unpleasant by the owner and wait staff. I had brought my own wine and was told a corkage price by the person who seated me but the check had a different price. On pointing that out the reaction of the owner and the waitress were not appropriate. The difference was trivial ($5) compared to the price of the dinner and the waitress reaction was particularly troubling - I have never seen that in over 40 years!

2  Thank atamrao
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My third visit there. I should say we have been very lucky with the service and waiting staff. Very nice and friendly staff. Quality and the taste depends on the dish you order. I believe appetizers are better than the entrees.

I am not a dessert eater but everyone else said they were very good. I can not say the food is excellent but certainly above average.

My criticism would be - I think it is about time they shake the menu up a little bit. After 3 visits I can recite the whole thing and between our family and friends we have tasted pretty much every dish.

I would go there agin if they have new items to lookforwRd to....

Nice wine collection.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

La Foret has been around for many years. They are the 'go to' place for romance and great food. Located way out in New Almaden, they have a creekside setting with beautiful views from every window. La Foret is only open for lunch during the month of December, so my friends and I try to make it there each year for our holiday lunch.
This year, as in past years, we were not disappointed. it was a cold and rainy day, but that made the restaurant feel that much more cozy. The service is impecable and the food is delicious. This is a five star restaurant in a rural setting.
If you've never been, treat yourself!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

That about says it all. It's a place of beauty... with few bells and whistles. The drive is lovely, the surrounding area pastoral and beautiful... Inside? Quiet, understated class, rustic almost, but good. Food good, service great... it's a conservatively romantic event.

1  Thank Rick S