“Average--> Decent”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Santa Clara, California
“Average--> Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Ok teppanyaki grill in the neighborhood in San Jose! It is ok and not too pricey too...!

Visited August 2011

“Tim and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

Chop house goodness right near downtown. Show is great. Louder than a coffee shop but still good for meetings.

St. Paul, Minnesota
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

Across the street from our hotel in San Jose (the Wyndham), was a Japanese steak house we tried on a Sunday night when we wanted something other than the usual California fare offered in the hotel restaurant. Called the Houseof Genji. Food is prepared in front of you by a chef who combines cooking with showmanship, and it was delicious (get the fried rice and pass on the steamed). They serve a full assortment of cocktails, Japanese beers, or if you prefer, green tea. Steak, seafood and vegetarian entrees on the menu. The decor is a little faded, and it's not the kind of upscale restaurant you'd choose for a special occasion, but we were tired and hungry and it hit the spot.

San Jose
“Bad experience with this place - overcharged....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

came to this place several times with my friends until today I decided that I will never come back to this place again.
Overall the food is OK; however, the service is terrible.
I came there today at lunch with my husband and our 2 kids (7 and 9 years old). We ordered 3 meals as the kids were sharing the same meal. Then we ordered 1 extra miso soup for the meal that the kids were sharing. On the menu they stated clearly that the extra soup costs .75 cents when ordering together with meal.
When we got the bill, they charged us $3.00 for the soup. I brought the bill to the cashier and asked for the reason why it was overcharged.
The explaination that I got from him was that because I ordered 3 meals for 4 persons, so he charged the soup with the regular price.
I asked him why on the menu it said the extra soup only costs .75 cents, and he charged me $3.00. He said that it just the way they charge.
It was just a few bucks, but I think the way they run the business is very unprofessional. That make us very unhappy, and we definitely will not come back to this place again; as we think they are cheating and don't treat customers well.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook