“I enjoyed it”

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,155 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub, International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glendale, California
“I enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited here during a recent convention. There were 6 in our group and all ordered different. I had one of their cheeseburgers. Very nicely prepared and tasty, juicy without being greasy. The server was very nice and attentive despite being very busy. She answered questions knowledgeably. One of the people at our table had overcooked chicken and she handled the complaint professionally, replaced the food and checked back to make sure the new food was acceptable. I would definitely eat here again.

Visited May 2013

San Jose, California
“Great beer and garlic fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there April 2 and a live band played. The music was good not too loud or punk, just standards. The new beer was absolutely delicious and so were the garlic fries. My friends and I had a great time. We had other food to eat and other beverages but none were as outstanding as the beer and garlic fries!

Visited April 2013
San Jose, California
“A microbrewery with food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Gordon Biersch's beer is extremely popular here in the San Fransisco Bay area. You can get it at this restaurant. You can also get food that's pub food with a pub-like (noisy) ambiance.

Visited August 2012
Gerlingen
“Coming from Germany - the expectation are different”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well, coming from Germany, satisfying with Beer is probably an issue... ;-) We had some food (Kobe Burger) was good, reasonably priced and fast and friendly served. The beer, well didn´t really satisfy Märzen and Pilsener didn´t really smell the way i like it and are used to have back home...

Overall friendly, food ok, beer, not my favourite...

• Visited February 2013
Poulsbo, WA
“Good beer, good apps, and great atmosphere. There's more?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I love good beer and good food like most, so I try any GB I can when on travel, and this is a great example of the chain.

Although my favorite beers are typically IPAs, GB has a nice assortment, and I can always find something I like. The fries are excellent, and honestly, I am happy with just and appetizer and and a few beers.

My colleagues ordered entrees. They all looked great, and they said they tasted good.

Still, the best part is the atmosphere here. Great building and interior, and it just feels right for pub food and drink. The service was great that day as well.

If you like like spending quality time with a few friends, good beer, good food, and enjoying some anthropological observation at the same time, this is your place.

• Visited October 2012