“Always excellent food and service”

Original Joe's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have frequented this place since the 60's and love it every time. It is a mainstay of the local culture.

There are newer reviews for Original Joe's Restaurant

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I had the half and half spaghetti. Very good. This place was Packed to the rafters. Bar staff where working hard and got a little grumpy when I asked for advice on local beer. All round though I would recommend.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Portions are huge such value for your dollar. Staff was great. The ingredients used are top quality. I would tell friends to go when in San Jose!!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

When the waiter asked if I would like one meatball or two with my spaghetti order, I quickly said "two" because easily pounding down pasta is a genetic right passed on to me from my authentically Italian father. But devouring two of the delicious softball size meatballs and a generous portion of perfect spaghetti left me unable to indulge in desert! My wife, who also has a family inheritance of rich pasta, ordered the outstanding raviolis and remarked that even her Italian grandmother would approve! The city of San Jose is not where a hungry half Italian man expects to find authentic pasta in large portions in a classy, yet comfortable environment, but Original Joe's delivers. Magnifico!
Bonus tip: the daily lunch specials are offered until 5:00PM, but often sell out early. We came in on Sunday afternoon at 3:00PM for lasagna, but the waiter said the supply was exhausted by 1:00PM.

1  Thank J L
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have visited here often. We usually go with another couple and love the spaghetti, meatballs, raviolis and pork chops. A must dine at restaurant in downtown San Jose.