“Excellent choice for dinner...”
Review of Le Papillon

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I chose the 4-courses option including quail appetizer, heart of palm salad, deer entree, and passion fruit dessert. I was not disappointed. Two things I found worth mentioning. First, they have two super obvious signs up that say no cell phone use allowed. I was dining alone and kept myself entertained with text messages and Facebook the whole time. No one said anything and I assume what they really care about is people talking on the phone. I wish they had specified. Anyways... the other item was that I requested a specific beer to be served in a room-temp glass, and for them to leave the bottle. I prefer to pour my beer with lots of head and warmer so you can more of the flavor. The bartender they were not allowed to leave the bottle on the table because it would not be consistent with their high standards of table service. He brought the bottle over, did an ok job of pouring it into my room temp glass, then kept the remainder of the bottle and served it when I was ready. I guess that works.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Best food, good wine, impeccable service. Parking was an issue....the attendant was unavailable so we self parked in strip center next door. One of the merchants asked us to leave but we finally got parked. The dining experience more than compensated for the parking problem. I will be back!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The most outstanding dinners and service...exquisitely prepared with the finest local ingredients by Executive Chef, Scott Cooper. Contemporary California cuisine with a contemporary French influence. Perfect for special occasion dinners, business dinners, private dinners or stopping in later for a glass of champagne and a spectacular dessert (call in advance for their Grand Marnier Souffle).

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Must rate as one of the best restaurants I've been too, in this poor of a location. If you're looking for fabulous views or outside dining, I wouldn't bother. But if high end fare is what you're after, then this place is definitely worth your short list in San Jose.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Have been to this restaurant few times now. The food is always great, great selection of wines. One thing I really like about this place is the price of wines. They are not trying to rip you off on the price. It is only two to 2.5 times than the retail price unlike some other restaurants that try to charge 5 or 6 times than the retail.

Service is great, very friendly people. One more thing..If you do not know much about wines..ask for the recommendations...The staff is excellent in recommending wines..they surely know their wines.