“Falafel Virgin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Falafel Drive-In

Falafel Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 2,152 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States
“Falafel Virgin”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

OK, this was a pleasant surprise. We came for the banana milkshakes, and ended up with fries and a falafel. This being a great opportunity to take in the specialty of this San Jose landmark, I could not pass it up. The "green veggie balls" in a pita and mini salad was delicious. The texture was a crispy feel, when coupled with the soft pita, and the crunchy lettuce, tomato, and yougurt was a smile on my palate. Oh, by the way, the banana shake was prett yummy too!

• Visited December 2013

Oyster Bay, New York
“Best Gyro and Falafel”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My cousin took me to Falafel Drive-In while i was visting California. BEST GYRO i have ever had...the falafel is fresh and so flavorful ( i dont not normally like falafel) Cute 50's vibe with the order at the counter and outdoor seating. Went on a rainy night with a decent sized line. The people working were very friendly. I went in 2009 and still think about it ! Can't wait to make a trip back.

• Visited February 2013
San Jose, California
“Best in the universe”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food here is so fresh, and prepared as lovingly today as it was 35 years ago when my family used to eat here. Excellent place for vegetarians, too.

• Visited July 2013
Bay Area
“I thought this place was great until I had a real falafel”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Falafel Drive In is always packed at lunch so I assumed it was awesome and being the only falafel place around I had no way to really know. But recently I got a tip from som Jordanian friends to try Falafel Etc in Fremont and holy crap, what a difference. The Drive-In falafel is made assembly-line fashion by filling a pita half way with falafel balls and toppin it off with some lettuce, sauce and hot sauce. The Falafel Etc falafel is thoughtfully constructed to make each bit an experience in flavor. They lay out the fried chick pea horizontally in the pita and layer it with lettuce, pickle, pickled turnips and other stuff. The difference is amazing. If you get up to Fremont it is worth the trip.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Blinkytoo
San Jose, California
“I have been going here for many years!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This not fancy small fast food place is a place you should not miss, if you like middle eastern and quick food. I think the owners are not the same as when I was in college, but the food is the same and they are always crowded. It is not in our neighborhood, but we always stop & treat ourselves when we are nearby. A felafel itself can be messy to eat, so I usually order a felafel salad, which I can eat with a knife & fork. My husband orders his spicy and I get mine not spicy. Kids seem to love this food when served in the fast food atmosphere. You can eat inside or out. Give it a try

• Visited October 2013